mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Crescendo and decrescendo features"

Posted on: January 29, 2021 @ 07:31 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

Hi folks.
I wrote a song on my motif XF and finished it. At the end I wanted to use the above mentioned features to create a fade-out as the smooth end of the song. It worked.
But I came about this warning:

Executing this Job changes velocities of the note on events in the specified range to produce the crescendo/decrescendo. Note that this Job cannot apply the crescendo/decrescendo to long sustained note having a long gate time. If you wish to do this, use the “Create Continuous Data” Job with the Event Type set to “Control Change 11.”
Changes the pitch of the notes in semitones.

I did follow the warning and it worked. However to my surprise when I go back to the beginning of the song the whole thing sounds very diminished in volume and at times the sequencer plays but there is no sound at all.
If I forward up to the point where the fading starts, meaning almost at the end of the song then the volume comes up suddenly and very loud. Just the way it was before I applied fade. After song is over it goes back to same silence again.
I tried to remedy by adding 2 measures at the beginning of the song but no difference. Right now I’m at this point and I don’t know how to fix it. Am I stuck or is there a solution. What did I do wrong? Please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2021 @ 09:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See my January, 2020 post in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481688

[ Ignore ]