mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Insertion effects"

Posted on: January 24, 2021 @ 09:28 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

In song mode I have orchestra kit on track 15. I took insertion effects off track 1 so I could turn it on on track 15. I set up a cross delay on A and compressor on B. I went thru every possible scenario in the connect section, but nothing allows the insertion effects to work on track 15. What am I missing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2021 @ 10:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 24 January 2021 09:28 PM

In song mode I have orchestra kit on track 15. I took insertion effects off track 1 so I could turn it on on track 15.

OK, so far.

PeteParsons -

I set up a cross delay on A and compressor on B. I went thru every possible scenario in the connect section, but nothing allows the insertion effects to work on track 15. What am I missing?

You’re missing the difference between a Normal Voice and a Drum Voice. Drum Voices have 73 Elements (drum sounds), and each one of them is individually programmable. Under normal circumstances each drum Element is routed through the System Effects (Reverb and Chorus). You can change that, per Element, from Voice mode. The edited Preset Drum Voice is then STORED as a User Drum Voice, and then that UDR has to be selected for the Part (15, in your case).

Rather than going into details, this thread…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/447924/
...covers the concepts. The Parameter to edit is (9) Ins Effect Output on page 129 of the XS Owner’s Manual. Edit whichever keys you want to reroute to Insert Effects.

Let us know if you need further clarification.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2021 @ 06:59 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

Thanks, I need to play with this.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Each track playing sound from track 1 simultaneously
Next Topic:

Glitch in sequencer ››