mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP! Assigning MIDI drum sound to multiple keys on ES for VST/Logic DAW use"

Posted on: November 28, 2020 @ 05:07 PM
jared.a.rapp
Total Posts:  6
Joined  09-13-2014

I’m using my Yamaha ES7 workstation as my MIDI controller.

Back in the day when it was just me and the Motif ES7 (no VST/DAW) I played “double bass” drums on the Motif ES’s built in keyboard kits themselves. Meaning I was able to play a bass/kick sound with two different fingers (so two different keys 🎹) to avoid chicken pecking like crazy with one finger on one key. That’s what’s so convenient about the ES by itself — The kits are set up nicely right off the bat and it’s a pleasure to come up with drums patterns on the fly.

However, now I’m changing the game by using Ugritone KVLT II drums which is connected to my Logic Pro X. This is an attempt to get more realistic drumming on my tracks while still using my same drumming technique.

The issue I’m having is that KVLT II drums doesn’t allow me to map/assign the MIDI kick/bass drum sound to more than one key on my Motif (for instance C-1 AND D-1 rather than only C-1). The GUI is somewhat limited for me in this sense. How can I change this? I would rather play my double bass kicks patterns on my keyboard live with two fingers, one on each key 🎹, rather than program triplets etc. manually, with point and click programming staring at the screen the whole time.

Is there a way to assign the MIDI kick drum file in my KVLT II drum software to more than one key on my ES7 keyboard and then play them in Logic? This is so frustrating to me because it’s like I’m the only one who needs this ability. I could really use some help on this.

Maybe there is a way to go into the settings on the MOTIF ES itself and assign a MIDI value to multiple keys so I can essentially “trick” the KVLT II drum interface? I have no idea where to start on this.

Please advise. And please let me know if I described the issue well enough. My whole intent here is to be able to play “double bass drums” with high quality sounds using Logic Pro X.

If I can resolve this issue I will feel it has all been worth it to obtain this new Drum software from Ugritone. Until then it’s going to be a challenge to get the drumming I want because I can’t experiment with the drum grooves that I want very well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You never did let us know if you were successful here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475512/

Your member profile doesn’t indicate which computer platform you’re using. Mac?

[ Ignore ]