mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI CC to Lower Octave?"

Posted on: November 21, 2020 @ 10:05 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I am ending a Song and I need to shift the octave down instantly for a final chord (I’m using MOXF6) on the Part I’m playing and it’s just too fast to use the octave button. Is there a CC or other command I can insert at the right moment?

I have other Songs I could probably use a similar gambit (for instance, an instant Voice change) so I’m also fantasizing there is a handy reference for programming these type of commands.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2020 @ 10:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m not sure I’m following you - where would you insert this command, and/or how would you send it? I presume you’re playing live. (If not, please explain.)

If you’re not using the entire 61-note key range, then you might be able to set up a split which has an area with the needed shift already there for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2020 @ 01:05 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Hmmm. I’ve done it with a PC change. I had a Song that I’m playing Piano throughout, I needed an instant change to Organ for a solo section and I was able to “insert” the PC Organ Voice at the exact point in the Song and it works every night. I thought the same thing you are mentioning—that since I wasn’t playing a sequenced track my event had no sequence to be placed into. But whatever I did, it works. (Did I maybe put in some dummy events to turn the Part into a sequence, technically?)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Reversing Mod Wheel Direction
Next Topic:

MOXF and MOX software both on one Mac? ››