mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mackie SRM350 clean-up"

Posted on: November 13, 2020 @ 04:48 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I just sprang for a pair of Yamaha DBR12 speakers to replace my very old Mackie SRM350’s with 10 inch mains. I must give immense props to Mackie. The speakers have some crackling and drop-outs when I’m playing with the volume dial but once I’ve found where they’re happy, both of them still sound good after 12 years, 10 of those in hot, humid, salty Central America.

Now that I have the DBR12’s I can use the Mackie’s as a monitor backup system. I’ve never opened them, they’ve never been serviced and WILL never be serviced by a professional cause there is nobody qualified where I live. That said, I’m wondering if I should open them up and do some kind of general clean-up of switches and contacts, etc. I’m not trying to “fix” anything, but now that I’m not relying on them for gigs, it seems like attention to the inner electronics might even resolve some of the crackling and drop-outs.

So, two issues:

I’m wary of taking them apart and then having them develop rattles and other things from the unsealing and refastening.

I’m also wondering what cleaning method would be easy and safe. Is there something I can just spray on everything and it will evaporate or do I need to use a rag and apply something? I would want to have the supplies on hand and that in itself is tricky in this part of the world.

Thanks in advance for any tips, suggestions or cautions.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can I use Headphone output from MOXF to feed a monitor?
Next Topic:

QSC CP8/CP12 ››