mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Reversing Mod Wheel Direction"

Posted on: November 04, 2020 @ 01:50 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

There are voices in the Dave Polich B’s Knees library that have the Mod Wheel, rotary speaker fast to slow, REVERSED for some reason and wanted to change that. I did some research on the Forums here and was dumbstruck at the amount and depth of Voice Editing described in order to accomplish something so seemingly mundane.

In hopes that it’s all just a crazy misunderstanding, or my eyes playing tricks on me, I’m dropping this query here in the MOXF section and crossing my fingers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2020 @ 05:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I thought I’d let some time go by before replying, and see what suggestions would be made. Since about a week has passed without any response, I’ll offer the following:

Changing the MW operation requires understanding how to make the initial speed setting, and how a Controller Set modifies that as the controller is operated. Once those are understood, entering the necessary values to reverse the MW operation is a relatively easy task.

Although in the XS forum, the basics should apply to a MOXF…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/467576/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2020 @ 02:55 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

The Bad Mister response SEEMS to imply that the ROTARY SPEAKER Insertion effect can be edited to suit, but then he ends with Voice Editing (and creating a User Voice I presume). I’m not sure if the initial ROTARY SPEAKER Insertion idea is XS-centric advise, cause I didn’t get anywhere that way, though it seems like the “logical” place to tweak the ROTARY SPEAKER effect. 

I will poke around some more and probably just go with the Voice Editing method.

How do I save USER VOICES? I don’t think I’ve ever generated one. There is a USER VOICE save job like the USER ARP save job?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2020 @ 03:45 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 13 November 2020 02:55 PM

The Bad Mister response SEEMS to imply that the ROTARY SPEAKER Insertion effect can be edited to suit, but then he ends with Voice Editing (and creating a User Voice I presume). I’m not sure if the initial ROTARY SPEAKER Insertion idea is XS-centric advise, cause I didn’t get anywhere that way, though it seems like the “logical” place to tweak the ROTARY SPEAKER effect. 

I will poke around some more and probably just go with the Voice Editing method.

You seem to be missing the point. The thread I referenced explains exactly what has to be done. It’s a two-step process, not a matter of choice of either Insert Effect or Voice editing. Change the Insert Effect “Speed Control” slow/fast setting, and then edit the appropriate Controller Set to reverse the “Depth” polarity. That’s all there is to it.

Of course, the Rotary Speaker Insert Effect has several Parameters that can be “tweaked” - rotor and horn slow and fast speeds, the transition time between the speeds, etc. But none of those has to be changed if all you want to do is reverse the MW operation.

muscarella -

How do I save USER VOICES? I don’t think I’ve ever generated one. There is a USER VOICE save job like the USER ARP save job?

Press [STORE], making sure you select a location that won’t overwrite something you want to keep.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2020 @ 10:25 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

OK. I see now. I tend to think of Insertion Effects as existing outside of the Voice, since you can add them to the Voice or not. But the Voice herself is programmed to mate with an Effect that inserts himself. (You see what I did there?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2020 @ 11:27 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Real Hammond B3’s are typically coupled with a Leslie for “that” sound. Unless an external Leslie emulator such as a Neo Instruments Ventilator is used, Motif tone-wheel Voices need the Rotary Speaker Insert Effect - it’s not really much of an option if you want the classic sound.

If you’re still having difficulty reprogramming a B’s Knees Voice to reverse the MW operation, name one of them and I’ll see about providing specific instructions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2020 @ 12:30 AM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

Will do. I think you’ve set me straight now. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Issue activating VoiceWithARP
Next Topic:

MIDI CC to Lower Octave? ››