mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF8 USB out directly to USB connect on Yamaha MG10XU - can it be done?"

Posted on: October 19, 2020 @ 03:40 PM
cassdad
Total Posts:  64
Joined  04-30-2009

In trying to keep the signal in the digital domain as long as possible, I have tried to run the audio out from my MOXF8 USB into my Yamaha MG10XU USB input.  But no matter what settings I make on my MOXF8 (Ie. USB I/O settings), I cannot get MOXF8 audio / sound out of the MG10XU.  I have to revert to using the analog MOXF8 ¼ inch stereo out jacks to the MG10XU analog inputs (¼ inch jacks). 

Can I use the USB connections on the MOXF8 and MG10XU be directly connected to achieve audio output from the mixer (ie. get audio output from the mixer withOUT using the analog ¼ inch jacks)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2020 @ 06:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As you’ve probably noticed, the connector from which USB Audio is available from the MOXF is labeled “TO HOST”. The MG10XU can’t act as a host - your computer can, if it has the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver installed on it. That’s how a DAW is able to record audio from the MOXF via USB.

The MG10XU also can receive audio via USB from your computer, on channels 9/10, using the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver and a compatible DAW, etc. (See the Owner’s Manual and https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/mixers/mg_series_xu_model/manual_interface.html.)

So no, a direct USB connection from the MOXF to the MG10XU won’t work. I own neither product so I’m not certain of this, but even with an intermediary host a digital audio connection might not be possible - that would depend on whether the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver can address more than one device at a time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2020 @ 07:26 PM
cassdad
Total Posts:  64
Joined  04-30-2009

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of.  Thank you for the information response!  Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Re-assigning deleted voices to a Performance
Next Topic:

Issue activating VoiceWithARP ››