mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Programming Velocity in Performances"

Posted on: October 07, 2020 @ 11:16 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I spend a good deal of time trying to get Performances programmed so they can really carry all the way through a Song. Selecting Arps, recording User Arps. But I have a large hole in my knowledge base when it comes to the subject of Velocity.

I’m pretty sure I’m not making use of the various Velocity Editing opportunities included in the MOXF, especially in the context of a Performance where there may be two or three Velocity-centric options available and two or three Parts that could be utilizing them. For example, I tried tweaking Velocity parameters on my Drum Part in hopes of making it possible to have the Drums play a little “softer” in some sections but there was no way for me to strike the keys consistently enough for the Drums to sound normal. There may well be a solution somewhere in the Performance edit menus—some kind of intelligent “balancing” of different Velocity Parameters I’m not able to appreciate. 

So, first. Can someone point me toward a thread or Article or other good introduction to Velocity within the Motif/MOX world? 

Second, I’d love to hear from those out there who use Velocity parameters to interesting effect in their Performances.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Programming Velocity in Performances
Next Topic:

Assignable Buttons ››