mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Glitch-Noise"

Posted on: September 21, 2020 @ 08:33 AM
senior13b
Total Posts:  16
Joined  10-12-2009

Mr. BadMister and all Motif gurus out there, I need your help.

I have a Motif xs8 and I have used it with much satisfaction for over 10 years with fw connection to my computer. About a month ago, I upgraded my computer to the one with an i7 10700 CPU and 16GB RAM (and Windows 10). I also installed a 1394 IEEE PCI-E card to make the best use of the fw connectivity the Motif xs8 has to offer. It is working fine as it has for the past 10 years… except for glitches and static noise.

The glitches (mili-second severance of sound) and static noise are intermittent, irregular and can be heard while the Motif xs8’s internal fw audio interface comes into play, whether it is me playing the keys on the Motif for midi or audio recording or it is a YouTube video whose sound is routed through the audio interface. What is interesting is that when it glitches, the volume meter on the mixer of FL Studio (my daw) doesn’t hiccup. The CPU usage doesn’t pop either. It remains pretty much the same.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I tried to adjust the buffer size on the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver (V1.6.6) panel from the minimum sample rate on the left end to the max rate all the way on the right. It didn’t fix the problem.

What makes matters worse is that the fw connection causes strident white noise to come out of my monitor speakers. When I unplug the 1394 cable from the Motif, the noise discontinues. When I plug it back in, the noise kicks back in.

Has anybody suffered the same problem? Does anybody know if this is a known issue and how to fix it? I need you help. Desperpately!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2020 @ 06:16 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Have you run ysfwutility.exe, found in the UTILITY folder of the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver download?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2020 @ 11:12 PM
senior13b
Total Posts:  16
Joined  10-12-2009

Yes,I did. It didn’t solve the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Guitar srums
Next Topic:

Arpeggio range ››