mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Guitar srums"

Posted on: September 21, 2020 @ 12:38 AM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

I just spent 4 hours looking for a particular type of guitar strum. No luck. Got the ES out and found what I need in 5 minutes. Factory user setting called Thin Pick. It is arp 1. It is GtSt. I’d prefer to record on the Xs. Anyone know if it can even be found on the XS. It’s so basic, I can’t imagine it not being there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2020 @ 12:43 AM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

On the ES, it’s 001 KM St Gt 1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2020 @ 08:39 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Naming conventions are different on the ES and XS, so there’s no easy way (that I’m aware of) to translate from an ES Arp name to one on the XS. The GtKM Arp Category (KM = Keyboard Mega) of the ES doesn’t exist for the XS, so finding an equivalent to KM StGt1 by searching the Data Lists doesn’t work. The ES Data List does indicate that the particular Arp is designed to be used with a “Mega Steel” Voice Type.

The XS has numerous Mega Voices, and Arps which work with them. For guitar, the GtMG Arp Main Category exists on the XS, and there are many where “Mega Steel” is listed for the Voice Type, so an equivalent to the ES Arp you’re looking for may be there.

I suggest that you save an “All” file on the ES, and load it into the XS. The XS typically will come up with a best match to a Voice, and hopefully an acceptable one to the “Thin Pick” Voice and its Arp. (Of course, back up your XS before loading the ES file.) Please let us know the result, good or bad, if you do this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2020 @ 07:33 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I’ll give it a try. If memory serves, aren’t you able to load and save arps. I never did it on the ES but somehow I seem to remember that it is possible.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2020 @ 06:04 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 21 September 2020 07:33 PM

I’ll give it a try. If memory serves, aren’t you able to load and save arps. I never did it on the ES but somehow I seem to remember that it is possible.

“All Arp” files (.W7G on the ES, .X0G on the XS) contain only User Arps, not Presets. The Arp being discussed is a Preset one.

By the way…
Your member profile doesn’t indicate which computer platform/OS you’re using. If it’s Windows, you might find this of interest:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477145/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2020 @ 09:18 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I’m not using a computer. I do everything on the XS and AW 1600. Eventually I’ll probably use the Editor. I am using XP . I know, ancient.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2020 @ 09:20 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Thanks for those downloads.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Strange notes with some arps.
Next Topic:

Glitch-Noise ››