mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ARPs"

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 05:08 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

Is it me or do the arps on the XS kinda suck. I noticed going thru the acoustic guitar voices with arps, they keep using the same old arps over and over. Some voices only have one active arp. It seems they didn’t put a lot of effort into these guitar arps.

Having had the ES, they seemed like they put a lot of effort in the arps even though there were a lot less of them. Also I found the drum arps on the XS wanting. Especially when it comes to rolls. Trills were very limited in number as well.

Now keep in mind, I am new to the XS and as time goes on I may change my opinion as my experience so far has been limited.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 05:42 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Ok, I kinda take it back. I started going thru the arps and there are a lot of good ones for gtpl. I guess Yamaha didn’t take the time to showcase their arps on the voices. They kept on using the same ones over and over. So many arps,so little time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 06:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes, there are a lot of Preset Arps, but usually worth the time to investigate.

I described a technique in my third post here…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481935/P15/
...for auditioning Arps (but since you didn’t acknowledge it, I don’t know if you saw the post). Hopefully that approach helps in going through a particular category.

Unfortunately, the XS never got an update to include a function found on the XF - Category Search works with Arps on the later model.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 06:33 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Sorry, I forgot to look at it. I will. What I do, in pattern, hit record button, then arpeggio, put hold to on, then hit a chord and change arp # and I can go thru all of them. I’m going to pm you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 06:55 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Tried to pm you. It says your inbox is full.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 08:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 13 September 2020 06:55 PM

Tried to pm you. It says your inbox is full. Use my email to contact me.

Sorry, but I prefer the forum because the discussions benefit more than a single member. You might want to edit your post and remove your email address in order to avoid unwanted messages.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 09:29 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I will

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2020 @ 09:47 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 13 September 2020 09:29 PM

I will remove my email shortly. I wanted to send you a thank you gift for your help. I created a voice library for the ES. I converted it to the XS format. I used to sell it on eBay. I am willing to give it to you as a gesture of thanks for your help. If you are interested, email me. If I don’t hear from you, I’ll take down my email in a couple of days.

While I do appreciate your generous offer, I don’t expect or desire any compensation for my assistance. I’m glad to help when I can, and a simple verbal “thank you” is a sufficient reward.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2020 @ 12:41 AM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2020 @ 07:28 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 14 September 2020 12:41 AM

Thank you. I don’t consider it compensation. It was a thank you gift. The voice bank is pretty good IMHO. Offer stands.

I’m sure your voice bank is of high quality. Thanks again, but I just don’t want to start a precedent. Matter closed, please.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ AF 1&2;
Next Topic:

Strange notes with some arps. ››