mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Share drum rolls"

Posted on: September 07, 2020 @ 01:21 AM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

I’ve searched arps extensively for a snare drum roll. I found very few rolls, nothing that would work for a standard snare drum roll. The ES had some snare rolls built into the drum kits.

Being new to the XS, I could use some guidance. In arps I went to both chromatic and drum percussion. I focused mainly on the general sub category where I found trills and crescendo, but no basic rolls that I could use.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2020 @ 12:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 07 September 2020 01:21 AM

I’ve searched arps extensively for a snare drum roll. I found very few rolls, nothing that would work for a standard snare drum roll. The ES had some snare rolls built into the drum kits.

Check note F0 in the XS drum kits. XS6 owners will have to press [OCTAVE/DOWN] to reach it. See the XS Data List starting on page 12.

PeteParsons -

Being new to the XS, I could use some guidance. In arps I went to both chromatic and drum percussion. I focused mainly on the general sub category where I found trills and crescendo, but no basic rolls that I could use.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I’m busy with a non-music project, but should be able to help with arps in a couple of days. Of course, other members will hopefully reply.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2020 @ 01:02 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

Thanks once again. Do you have any idea why I have to log on every day even though I check the remember me box?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2020 @ 04:58 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 07 September 2020 01:02 PM

Thanks once again.

You’re welcome. I’ll get back to you soon (probably tomorrow) on the SD roll arps.

PeteParsons -

Do you have any idea why I have to log on every day even though I check the remember me box?

Sorry, I can’t help with that issue. You might try PMing MrMotif or using this:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/feedback

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2020 @ 02:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

On SD roll arps…
Admittedly there aren’t many roll arps in the Motifs, and few that would work well for a snare drum. XS Arps in the range of 3804~3809 and 5712~5723 might in some cases be adapted for the purpose. There’s also a possibility to use the Sample Slice function to create your own rolls.

Although discussing the XF, this thread might be helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/464435/

This might also be useful - it includes 30 snare rolls:
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/drum-loops-and-more/motif-xf-patterns/twiddly-bits-drums-and-percussion.html
Note that I have no personal experience with it, although other Twiddly Bits collections I have seem to be pretty good.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ IEEE Firewire updater
Next Topic:

AF 1&2; ››