mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "basic track edit question"

Posted on: September 03, 2020 @ 12:07 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

So maybe I’m just having a brain fart, but I’m using song mode to record for the first time in a while. I’ve got 2 tracks recorded, and I’m trying to make some tweaks, but when I go into the edit screen I see “end” and when I scroll up, I see “top”. No data in between. I know I’ve previously seen a note-by-note screen where I could edit all of the performance data, but I don’t seem to be able to get back there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2020 @ 12:16 PM
DallasXanadu
Joined  05-20-2015

Apparently there’s not way to embed a pic in this forum?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2020 @ 01:14 PM
DallasXanadu
Joined  05-20-2015

So I did the most basic thing (sometimes it’s staring you right in the face) and saved my song and rebooted the board. Voila, track data!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2020 @ 07:09 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hiya

I doubt that it needed the reboot, but as long as it now works.
The only times I’ve had these empty tracks, are when I stupidly changed track before going into ‘Edit’. As in, I’ve recorded a track, then moved to the next one and then realising that I want a small tweak in the first one....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2020 @ 08:15 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Rebooting may have simply put everything to default, which would solve the problem if it was some setting that either isn’t auto-saved or just didn’t get saved.

As I was reading your basic description the FIRST thought I had (because I do it all the time, freak out, then remember and smite my forehead) was that you’d somehow used the View Filter function and forgotten to reset it.

The View Filter is super handy cause it will let you see ONLY PC messages, or ONLY Notes, or ONLY CC events. Or any combination. Maybe you want to see everything but tired of scrolling through those thousands of PB’s.

You can also ask to be shown ONLY specific Control Change events, like CC 007 (Volume). And that’s the one that gets me in trouble. Cause I sometimes like to just wipe the slate clean on my Mixing decisions with the plan to just go again and “on the fly” ride the Volume in Overdub mode. So I use the View Filter and I’m shown ALL 15 Volume Events on track 7 and I’m able to quickly go down the now very short list of Volume events, deleting like a madman. I go and remix that track in Overdub mode and then decide to find a better AMP simulation effect for that terrible guitar riff. An hour later, I want to clean up the bass and snare drum part.

I call up track 10 and there are NO note events! But I heard them. Did I leave them on another track that’s lit?  No.  I spend 5 minutes retracing my steps and checking a previous version of the Song, on and on, and THEN I remember that I’m still in VIEW FILTER and that mode remains active until you hit the reset.

[ Ignore ]