mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Different midi IN channel for each arpeggiator of the MOXF?"

Posted on: June 17, 2020 @ 06:37 AM
CedCK
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-17-2020

Hello,

Couldn’t find the answer to 2 questions in the forum nor the pdf manuals. So I hope someone could help me ?

1- Which mode can enable 4 voices each set on arp mode, each triggered by a different “midi in” channel? I’ve, so far, only found a common “midi in” channel in Utility available for all modes ( is that ok to call “mode” voice, perform, song and pattern? ), if I’m not wrong.

2- As a brand new user of the MOXF since 2 weeks, I’ve found the control arp mode quite interesting to use, but a bit tricky to set.
I’m using the control arp mode to mod the midi signal of the note arp patterns I send to my midi gear ( the sound generator, a Novation Circuit, which has 2 sound generators on different midi in channels ).
I’d like to know if the way I’m setting the ctrl arp is ok, or not :
I’ve discovered that I could apply the effects of the ctrl arp ONLY to the sent arp pattern, rather than to the whole Circuit, by setting it on the same midi channel than the arp pattern, rather than using channel 16.
Could anyone confirm that I use this feature the right way?
Does it mean that, if I add another note arp on a second midi out channel, I could also use a ctrl arp only dedicated to this channel?
Is this feature based on cc?
Is it applied on the note generated arp pattern within the MOXF, or to the gear midi linked ( as it applied to the whole gear when I first set the ctrl channel on 16 )?
If both “methods” are possible, is it then more logical to apply the ctrl arp on the arp pattern before it leaving the MOXF, or not?

3- Browsing the menus, I’ve noticed somewhere a mention to “User03” but couldn’t find it to store some user’s work. Is this feature only available when the additional board is added to the MOXF?

Well, I hope my post is clear enough ( my english needs some brush up, though ).

Thanks for any advice,
Cedrick.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 18, 2020 @ 06:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
CedCK - 17 June 2020 06:37 AM

Hello,

Couldn’t find the answer to 2 questions in the forum nor the pdf manuals. So I hope someone could help me ?

1- Which mode can enable 4 voices each set on arp mode, each triggered by a different “midi in” channel? I’ve, so far, only found a common “midi in” channel in Utility available for all modes ( is that ok to call “mode” voice, perform, song and pattern? ), if I’m not wrong.

Welcome to the forum. Your English is fine, and your usage of the MOXF terminology isn’t bad for a two-week owner.

Voice, Performance, Song, and Pattern are indeed “modes”, as is Master. Yamaha doesn’t refer to Arp functionality as being a “mode”.

Song and Pattern are multitimbral modes, where each of the 16 Parts can be on a different Receive Channel, and each of the sequencer Tracks can be on its own Transmit Channel. The MOXF has four arpeggiators, so that many out of the six possible Arps can be assigned to Parts.

You might find these support articles of interest:
https://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

https://motifator.com/index.php/support/view/all_about_arpeggios

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggio_key_modes

Sorry, but I have no knowledge of the Novation Circuit.

As to storing to “User03”, that would seem to refer to the ability to store User Voices or Performances to the third bank for each of those modes. Their contents can be accessed via the BANK SELECT [DEC]/[INC] buttons. Pressing the [STORE] button when in Voice or Performance modes should allow choosing the bank and specific location within it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2020 @ 10:01 AM
CedCK
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-17-2020

Hi,

Thanks for your time and help!

I must admit I was stuck to rule 4 “ Master mode shalt be thy God Mode, and thou shalt revere it as so “ :D
I’m only discovering Song, Pattern and Mixing possibilities ;) Great great great !
I’m going to dig this User3 access ‘thing.

Best regards,
Cedrick.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2020 @ 06:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
CedCK - 24 June 2020 10:01 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your time and help!

You’re welcome!

CedCK -

I must admit I was stuck to rule 4 “ Master mode shalt be thy God Mode, and thou shalt revere it as so “ :D
I’m only discovering Song, Pattern and Mixing possibilities ;) Great great great !
I’m going to dig this User3 access ‘thing.

Best regards,
Cedrick.

While Master mode can be useful for some specific purposes, other modes have their strong points too. I’m glad you’re broadening your view of what’s possible with the MOXF.

By the way, you might find “Discovering the MOX” and “MOXF In ‘N’ Out” enlightening…
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/dvds/full-motifation-special-for-moxf-701.html
(If you’re wondering - I don’t work for Motifator/Keyfax, I’ve just found that their videos are helpful, especially for new users.)

Have fun!

[ Ignore ]