mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF MIDI Need to transmit specified note range?"

Posted on: June 07, 2020 @ 10:46 PM
ggr343
Total Posts:  12
Joined  10-23-2018

Hi everyone.

I’ve been playing a MOTIF XF7 for several years now.  I pretty much know most of the ins and outs of this wonderful keyboard.

Recently however, I purchased a Roland VT-4 which I now use for vocal harmonies.  The VT-4 will harmonize to my voice as it monitors the keys that I play through a midi connection from my Motif. 
I typically play in Performance Mode.  I would like the VT-4 to only follow my right hand to establish the harmony notes. The problem that I have however is that I play bass parts and LH chords on the lower octave keys which has a tendency to create very low, muddy, harmony parts from the VT-4. 

I was wondering if there was a way to disable the lower range notes from being transmitted through the midi port to my VT-4 and still be transmitted through the audio out on the Motif.

Any help would be awesome!!

ggr343

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2020 @ 07:35 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481864

For XS owners who might want to do this, the details are on pages 254-255 of the XS Owner’s manual.

[ Ignore ]