mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "can you swap out expansion flash rom cards?"

Posted on: June 02, 2020 @ 12:48 AM
chipd
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06-02-2020

I have a 512mb expansion card loaded with the chick corea EP kit.  I also have 2 1gb cards.  Can I swap out the 512mb card with a 1gb card when i want to use the Corea keys instead of the sample card?  Is there a procedure i need to do before swapping out expansion flash rom cards?  I would like to keep a couple extra expansion rom cards to swap out if I can.  I don’t want to corrupt anything though.  What is the procedure here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2020 @ 10:01 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Flash memory modules, which contain only Waveforms/Samples, can certainly be swapped. To access Voices such as the Chick Corea ones, those Voices also have to be loaded. How readily swapping can be accomplished depends on whether you’ve consistently saved “All” files when the associated Voices were in User memory.

Before doing anything…
Save an “All” file for the current configuration with the 1 GB modules in place. That way the corresponding Voices can be reloaded if you swap in the 512 MB module and then later return to the 1 GB ones.

Was an “All” saved when the Chick’s Voices were loaded?

Careful use of “All” files and Load options can minimize the chance of problems. You might find these support articles and thread helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/468318/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2020 @ 02:58 PM
chipd
Joined  06-02-2020

I fill up my sequencer memory easily, so i save all my information a lot to switch between song sets.  I assume you are saying the procedure is simply swap out the cards when the machine is off and then load the all memory file i saved last time the card combination i have selected was in the machine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2020 @ 04:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chipd - 02 June 2020 02:58 PM

I fill up my sequencer memory easily, so i save all my information a lot to switch between song sets.

OK, that’s a good start.

chipd -

I assume you are saying the procedure is simply swap out the cards when the machine is off and then load the all memory file i saved last time the card combination i have selected was in the machine.

Yes (as far as that goes), but how the “All” file gets loaded is important.
If Load settings…
USR > xxx
FL1 > xxx
FL2 > xxx
...are improper, that can cause problems.

For a swapped module, “xxx” should be “without sample”. That will load the Waveform List so the XF knows where Voices can find their associated Waveforms/Samples.

For a module still in its previous location, “xxx” should be “None”. That will prevent loading of duplicate Waveforms.

If you haven’t read what I linked to, I suggest you do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2020 @ 07:21 PM
chipd
Joined  06-02-2020

I am trying to digest it all.  Thank you for all the links.  I will read as many as you can feed me.  I can rarely save more than 20 songs in the sequencer.  It would be nice to be able to use the flash rom memory to expand the sequencer capacity.  That would be one sweet firmware update.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Forum rules
Next Topic:

Initialized Voice ››