mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xf6 and Moxf6 have the same sounds?"

Posted on: May 29, 2020 @ 01:36 AM
Fisfanaat
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-29-2020

Hi all, I am and keyplayer from Holland, in a reggaeband. And I am new here, hope you can help me. I read different things on this subject online, thats why I am here :)

I wanna buy the Motif xf6 or a Moxf6. I am looking for a simple synth with a lot of perfect sounds. And easy to switch between the sounds on stage. (So I dont use the sampler, sequencer and so on).

I know the Motif xf6 has more possibilities. But my question is: only looking to the sounds and the quality of the sounds: does the moxf6 has exact the same sounds as the Motif xf6?

I hope you can help me!
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2020 @ 07:27 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

I’m not sure that I would describe either the Motif XF or the MOXF as a “simple synth”. While you could just play the Preset Voices, these models have a lot of capability beyond that level.

The XF and MOXF factory Voices are the same, and they sound very similar. Here are zipped WAV recordings of the two:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php?ACT=39&fid=165&aid=13951_CGAaGKwCFPF7MCnRh0yJ&board_id=1

http://www.motifator.com/index.php?ACT=39&fid=165&aid=13953_N7LwLsIcI8cJhvrJ8s1B&board_id=1

Using Song or Pattern Mixings allows there to be seamless switching between sounds during live play:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_mixing_setup_for_multiple_sounds_live1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2020 @ 04:51 PM
Fisfanaat
Joined  05-29-2020

Thanks, for your reply! They are both very good synths, i know 😉 the xf6 has more options, ok. But the sounds of the motif xf6 and moxf6 are 100% the same? Or the xf6 has better sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2020 @ 07:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Fisfanaat - 29 May 2020 04:51 PM

Thanks, for your reply!

You’re welcome.

Fisfanaat -

They are both very good synths, i know 😉 the xf6 has more options, ok. But the sounds of the motif xf6 and moxf6 are 100% the same? Or the xf6 has better sounds?

All of the Waveforms found in the XF are also in the MOXF. Do you have a preference between the two sound files I posted? If not, then that should answer your question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2020 @ 04:12 PM
Fisfanaat
Joined  05-29-2020

hi, I have no preference, so the MOXF6 would be ok for me. Looking to the preset sounds and the quality of the preset sounds: the Motif XF6 and the MOXF6 are exact the same…

[ Ignore ]