mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MotifXF VST"

Posted on: May 20, 2020 @ 03:39 AM
NLAlston
Total Posts:  1036
Joined  02-10-2004

It’s been a good while since I’ve been here, and my absence is due to my having been forced to sell my beloved MotifXF6, due to severe financial hardship. A while back, though, I was able to pick up a used M-Audio Axiom Pro 49, and (with Reaper, coupled with a few VSTi’s) I am able to do a little music making.  However, I TRULY miss my workstation, and its sounds.

Recently, I came across information that there was a MotifXF VST package that was available, and I wonder if anyone, here, has any knowledge of it.  If it comes even close to the great sounds of the XF, I would get it in a heartbeat.  If anyone knows anything about its worthiness (or lack of it) please let me know.  I can find no reviews of it, online.

Advanced thanks,
Nathan

Oh....and STAY SAFE.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2020 @ 08:40 AM
javelin276
Total Posts:  29
Joined  07-30-2016

Greetings!  The Motif XF does come with a downloadable Editor which allows control of the synth, maybe that’s what you’ve heard about.  I don’t know of any VST’s that emulate any of the Motif’s, sorry.
Best of Luck!
Javelin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2020 @ 06:55 PM
NLAlston
Total Posts:  1036
Joined  02-10-2004
javelin276 - 23 May 2020 08:40 AM

Greetings!  The Motif XF does come with a downloadable Editor which allows control of the synth, maybe that’s what you’ve heard about.  I don’t know of any VST’s that emulate any of the Motif’s, sorry.
Best of Luck!
Javelin

Thanks, Javelin.

I appreciate your input - and willingness to help, but I don’t think that the MotifFX’s Editor would work for me.  That’s also because of thinking that the use of the Editor would require the synth, itself.  I no longer have my XF, but was hoping that the MotifXF VST package might have been worthy enough to avail myself of that workstation’s fantastic sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2020 @ 04:36 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11342
Joined  09-16-2010

The XF was sampled for Native Instrument’s Kontakt, and NI has a Kontakt Player available for free. I’ve also seen a so-called “Motif XF VST Plugin” being sold. I have no familiarity with them. However, such sampling typically is limited (often severely) in comparison to the dynamic control a synth like the XF is capable of.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2020 @ 01:13 PM
javelin276
Total Posts:  29
Joined  07-30-2016

I searched and found a YouTube video of a Motif-XF VST, but it sounded pretty darn cheesy.  I wouldn’t use it.

[ Ignore ]