mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What’s your Favorite Software for MOXF?"

Posted on: April 05, 2020 @ 05:11 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’ve had 4 different Yamaha Motif series keyboards dating back over 10 years. Along the way I’ve made a point of downloading the various offerings from Yamaha and also some things that looked interesting developed by people here in the Motifator community.

Now that I have no gigs and lots of virus-inspired alone time, I’d like to dig into my MOXF a little deeper and interface with my PC (which I’ve avoided in the past). And with the MOXF out of production, I’d like to have all the editing tools for it—cause I own two of them and I’m too old (and broke) to trade up to Montage/MODX. 

Problem is, I’ve got lots of odd .exe files and zips in one folder and many are for Motif or S90 or the first MOX. And in many cases there are driver files that may be obsolete or the software itself is not the latest-and-greatest version. 

So I’m wondering what software are the “go to” applications for those of us working with MOXF? And if there are links on this site or maybe elsewhere that I could download the latest version. I know about the Melas software and have a DEMO version of the full suite for MOXF, but have yet to use it and I’m curious to check out other Yamaha programs or custom software developed by Motifator folks.

[ Ignore ]