mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-AN problems on the “song” record setting"

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 10:14 AM
dawnrun
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-27-2008

Hi there,

I have a Motif 8 Classic from new.

I recently bought a PLG150-AN analogue sound card and connected it myself.

It works fine for playing the individual voices.

However, when I select SONG to record a piece, instead of just hearing the voice selected for Track 1 on the song, when I press a key it also plays the first preset on the analogue sound card (001 Co:Killer).

Anybody else find this problem and is there a solution please? I am really hoping the part isn’t faulty as it was expensive and had to ship to UK from Japan!

Many thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 12:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You should find the solution here:
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/MotifPLG.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 08:08 PM
dawnrun
Joined  07-27-2008

Thanks for your help! I think I have cracked it. Not quite sure why, but when I select Track 2 onwards ro record, it works fine with the internal preset voice, as it should.

Haven’t worked out why it is auto assigning the PLG preset to Track 1 (on top of the default internal Piano already selected). But at least I have a work around.

All the best and stay safe!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 08:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

There’s no need to “work around” the situation. The problem is a matter of which MIDI channel the PLG receives on versus the Track and Part assignments. When they coincide, both the Preset and PLG Voices will play.

Default MIDI channel assignment for Track 1 is channel 1. If the PLG receives on that same channel, you have experienced what happens. How to resolve the issue is explained in the PDF I linked to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2020 @ 10:19 AM
dawnrun
Joined  07-27-2008

thanks again 5pinDIN - I have to confess to having found the explanation in the pdf a bit daunting, and it was trial and error that brought me to my fix. I don’t suppose you could point me to the exact part of the pdf I need to focus on, or even put it in layman’s terms?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2020 @ 12:08 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I referred you to the article because what can or should be done depends on how you’re using Song mode. I may be able to make some specific suggestions if you can provide a few details.

1) I presume that the PLG is inserted into slot #1 of the Motif. If that’s incorrect, then which slot?
2) How many of the 16 Tracks do you typically use?
3) Do you choose particular Tracks for specific purposes, such as putting drums on track 10, etc?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2020 @ 11:12 AM
dawnrun
Joined  07-27-2008

Hi 5pinDIN, sorry for the delay in replying. Been a pit poorly.

So, the answers to the questions are:

1) The PLG is indeed in Slot 1
2) Normally I would use between 10-16 tracks.
3) Yes, Drums usually on 10 but I normally muti-track them onto two more tracks and pan them left and right to get a fuller sound.

Hope that helps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2020 @ 01:12 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
dawnrun - 08 April 2020 11:12 AM

Hi 5pinDIN, sorry for the delay in replying. Been a pit poorly.

No problem. I hope it’s nothing serious.

dawnrun -

So, the answers to the questions are:

1) The PLG is indeed in Slot 1
2) Normally I would use between 10-16 tracks.
3) Yes, Drums usually on 10 but I normally muti-track them onto two more tracks and pan them left and right to get a fuller sound.

Based on your usage, the easiest way to prevent a PLG1 Voice from layering with an internal Voice would be to turn “off” the PLG Receive Channel. That’s done by editing Part P1 - see the screen display shown at the top left of page 5 of the PDF I previously linked to.

From Song or Pattern modes…
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [1] (to edit Part 1)
Press [F6]PLG1-3
Press [F1]VOICE
Press [SF2]MODE
The PLG1 Receive Channel is shown as “1” in the PDF, and apparently also on your Motif (since that’s the default) - change that to “off”.
To keep the edit, STORE it.

If you should decide sometime to layer a PLG Voice with an internal one, simply set the PLG’s Receive Channel to the same as that of the desired internal Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Greetings Motifatians!
Next Topic:

Connect Motif Classic to Garageband on Mac ››