mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Some elements behave like Hammond percussion.  Why?"

Posted on: March 15, 2020 @ 05:53 PM
kshacklett
Total Posts:  22
Joined  03-15-2020

Hello anyone..

I’m trying to add elements to a Hammond program and the new elements behave like Hammond percussion instead of playing normally.  Doesn’t matter what wave I choose.  It could be a piano wave and it still decays quickly and can’t be retriggered unless all previous notes are released.  This is obviously a necessary function to imitate a Hammond, but I don’t understand how to make an element behave that way or not.

Can’t find anything relating to it in any manual, nor with a google search.  Strange.

Help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2020 @ 08:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

That characteristic is due to the Common LFO waveform (typically set for a User Wave one shot) and the Element Switch settings for the affected Elements.

From Common Edit, press [F5]LFO > [SF4]BOX
Depending on your exact goal…
You can turn off the ElmSw(LFO Element Switch) for desired Elements. You could also try setting the DPTRATIO(Depth Ratio)EL1-EL8 for those Elements.

See pages 33-34 of the MOX Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2020 @ 01:07 PM
kshacklett
Joined  03-15-2020

Thanks, 5pinDin!  The common LFO is still a bit of a mystery to me also.  Maybe your guidance will help clear up both issues.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2020 @ 04:54 PM
kshacklett
Joined  03-15-2020

Yes..The elements that behaved like Hammond percussion were turned on in the Common LFO BOX.  Turning them off made them stop behaving that way..and I learned more about the Common LFO.

Thanks again.  See my next post about the response to AF1 & 2

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB Device Not Recognized
Next Topic:

Filter and amp scaling doesn’t work. MOX8 ››