mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FC7 volume pedal and assignable output"

Posted on: February 08, 2020 @ 06:03 PM
Dugie
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-08-2020

I’m hoping someone can help me on this.  I have an original Motif Rack and I am running it to an M-Audio midi controller.  I recently bought a Yamaha FC7 pedal and I want to use that as a volume controller.  I created a patch with organ on the left side of the keyboard and piano on the right side.  Is there a way I can assign that volume pedal to just the organ?  Would I plug the pedal into one of the 4 assignable outputs on the back of the rack?  The pedal works when I plug it into the M-Audio keyboard but it controls the volume on both piano and organ sounds.  Maybe someone can direct me to an old post on this site that already explained this.  Any help would be appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2020 @ 10:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Dugie - 08 February 2020 06:03 PM

I’m hoping someone can help me on this.  I have an original Motif Rack and I am running it to an M-Audio midi controller.  I recently bought a Yamaha FC7 pedal and I want to use that as a volume controller.  I created a patch with organ on the left side of the keyboard and piano on the right side.  Is there a way I can assign that volume pedal to just the organ?  Would I plug the pedal into one of the 4 assignable outputs on the back of the rack?

The ASSIGNABLE OUTPUTs are audio outputs. There is nowhere to connect a foot controller on any of the Motif Rack models. All such control comes via MIDI from the attached controller. In your case, that’s the M-Audio unit.

Dugie -

The pedal works when I plug it into the M-Audio keyboard but it controls the volume on both piano and organ sounds.  Maybe someone can direct me to an old post on this site that already explained this.  Any help would be appreciated.

I presume by “I created a patch with organ on the left side of the keyboard and piano on the right side” that you created a two-Part Multi (if not, please explain). Receive Switch (RcvSw) settings for each Part can determine whether the Part responds to various messages. Foot Controller (FC1 and/or FC2) can be turned off for the piano Part in your Multi.

See RcvSw (Receive Switch) on page 46 of the Motif Rack Owner’s Manual, RcvSw on page 61, and 151-Part Receive Switch on page 69.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice sounds different when used in Multi
Next Topic:

Program Change in Multi mode ››