mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF sequencer memory size smaller than ES?"

Posted on: February 07, 2020 @ 06:01 PM
markim617
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-14-2014

I’ve just about finished transferring a couple hundred songs from my Motif ES to my MOXF8.  I saved everything to SMF on the ES and then loaded them into the XF and re-assigned voices, mix, etc.  The first 6 files went flawlessly (although it’s a ton of work).  When doing the last two files of songs I keep getting error messages that the sequencer memory is full while reassigning voices and mixes in the MOXF.  I’m I wrong to assume to sequencer memory of the ES and MOXF are the same?  Am I doing something wrong and somehow adding sequencer events when transferring between the two keyboards?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2020 @ 07:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Both the ES and MOXF have 896kB of sequencer memory, and will store about 226,000 notes according to specification. Therefore in theory the two models should be able to store the same amount of sequencer data.

Have you cleared factory demo Songs and Patterns before loading your SMF files?

The MOXF sequencer memory can store 64 Songs and 64 Patterns, limited by the above memory capacity. Each Pattern can contain up to 256 User Phrases.

Since obviously “a couple hundred songs” can’t be stored at the same time, how are you loading the MOXF?

markim617 - 07 February 2020 06:01 PM

When doing the last two files of songs I keep getting error messages that the sequencer memory is full while reassigning voices and mixes in the MOXF.

Please clarify that statement. Are you saying that the SMFs load without incident, but the error message occurs only when you’re editing the Mixes?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2020 @ 08:22 PM
markim617
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-14-2014

Thanks for your reply SpinDin,
I did clear all songs from memory before loading In each file of songs. I did not erase patterns. Would that affect the song storage memory size?
My 200 or so songs are divided into 8 different files. Each file contains on average 25 songs before I run out of memory room. I wanted the MOXF files to be the same as the ES files to make song retrieval easy for me at gigs. I loaded the SMF files into the exact same song locations as on the ES.  I.e. File #1 Song #5 would be the same on both synths. On my last two files, I was getting the “memory full” message while trying to load my SMF in..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2020 @ 09:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
markim617 - 12 February 2020 08:22 PM

Thanks for your reply SpinDin,
I did clear all songs from memory before loading In each file of songs. I did not erase patterns. Would that affect the song storage memory size?

You’re welcome.

Both Songs and Patterns take up sequencer memory space. If you don’t want the demo Patterns, you can use the “Clear Pattern” Job, selecting “all”.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Why am I getting this Error Message?
Next Topic:

Saying goodbye ››