mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recommendation for an Expression Pedal"

Posted on: February 06, 2020 @ 10:34 AM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

I’ve been using my MOXF more live recently, and I would like to control the Leslie effect on my organ voices via a pedal, if that’s possible. I’m assuming I can route that to a pedal instead of mod wheel? Does anybody know of a good pedal that will control that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2020 @ 11:56 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DallasXanadu - 06 February 2020 10:34 AM

I’ve been using my MOXF more live recently, and I would like to control the Leslie effect on my organ voices via a pedal, if that’s possible. I’m assuming I can route that to a pedal instead of mod wheel?

A Foot Controller can be selected in place of the MW via Controller Set assignment.

DallasXanadu -

Does anybody know of a good pedal that will control that?

Many users find the Yamaha FC7 to be a reliable choice. Other, less expensive pedals may work, but compatibility and reliability can be issues.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2020 @ 12:07 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

Nice, I actually had that one in my shopping cart already, but wanted to double check before shelling out almost $40. I assume I can use it for either volume OR Leslie, but probably not both. As I recall, there’s only one jack on the back for a controller.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2020 @ 12:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

That’s correct, the MOXF has a single FOOT CONTROLLER input, so only one function can be addressed at a time by the pedal.

[ Ignore ]