mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trying to target one tom at a time for trigger with arpeggios."

Posted on: January 23, 2020 @ 01:09 AM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

I’m trying to target one tom at a time to trigger it with arpeggios to achieve a hip-hop style.
I’m almost able to achieve it, however I’m getting the entire beat with other sounds. I just want to have a tom alone by itself. No hi hats, no shakers, no nothing. How can I target only a tom and work with that.
Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2020 @ 10:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

One approach could be to use a Song mode Job, and create your own Arp.
See (7) Put Track to Arpeggio on page 164 of the XF Reference Manual.
Also see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

Another way could be to use Preset Arps, but apply them to a modified User Drum Kit. Edit the Kit’s key Waveforms so that the notes played by the Arp(s) will only be the desired tom(s). Any keys an Arp plays from the Kit could be edited to a tom, or disabled by changing the Output Select assignment to something not being used.

A combination of those two approaches is another possibility. A Preset Arp could be recorded to the sequencer, the sequence edited as desired via the Event List, and the result turned into a User Arp.

There are probably other ways to accomplish your goal. Experiment.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2023 @ 08:18 AM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

Thanks

[ Ignore ]