mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playing Motif xs6 songs in Cubase 10.5"

Posted on: January 19, 2020 @ 05:11 PM
Mulzac1301
Total Posts:  34
Joined  12-23-2016

I read somewhere that Yamaha had bought out Steinberg some years ago and that the Motif XS could be easily integrated into Cubase, but I am having issues importing the xs6 sounds into Cubase 10.5

When I import my motif xs .xoa (all) songs into cubase 10.5 via my laptop using usb flash drive, all the sounds seems to be set at channel 1 (piano) except the drums channel 10.

They do not play the multi timbral Motif instrument sounds recorded on different channels in the Motif xs6. Why is that?

If I import the Motif songs as instrument files into Cubase 10.5, they retain the same multi timbral channels as the Motif xs, but the instruments are changed to HALion SE3 VST GM Sounds (I think by default.) but,interestingly, they can be changed to different sounds within HALion and saved in Cubase 10.5.

My questions are:

1.How do I import Motif xs6 songs into Cubase 10.5 and retain the multi
timbral channels and same Motif instrument sounds as recorded into
the Motif xs6?

2.Are there any Yamaha Motif XS6.ins files for Cubase 10.5, similar to
Cakewalk BandLab?

My Setup:
Windows 10 Pro
Cubase Pro 10.5 (64 bit)
HALion SE3, HALion 6.
Yamaha Motif XS6 Driver V3.1.3
Motif XS6 Firmware Version 1.60.1
Motif XS6 Steinberg Extension 1.61
Motif XS6 connected to my PC via USB
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Interface
6 Channel Stageworks M246 Mixer
Pair of KRK 5 Studio Monitors.

Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2020 @ 06:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Transferring an XS Song to a Cubase project is a two-step process. The second step (importing the Mix data) requires the use of the Yamaha Motif XS Editor VST/Standalone, which I don’t see in your “Setup” list. For 64-bit Windows 10…
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/motif_xs_editor_standalone_vst_win.html

Once that’s properly installed, see this support article:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_song_import

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2020 @ 02:35 AM
Mulzac1301
Total Posts:  34
Joined  12-23-2016

5pinDIN,

Thanks for your reply.

I installed the motif XS6 Editor and did everything as instructed. When I perform sync on the editor, the correct motif instrument names and tracks (mix data) are shown on both motif xs6 sequencer and the vst editor category bank numbers and voice names.

The imported .XOA song file into Cubase 10.5 shows only track numbers with data in each track. On playback, Cubase is playing a GM piano sound on all tracks and drums on 10, but not the recorded Motif XS6 instruments sounds.

Am I missing out something?

Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2020 @ 05:00 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The problem may be that the Cubase MIDI Track data isn’t being properly routed through the Editor VST.

See Step 2 in this article:
https://www.yamahasynth.com/motifxf-category/motif-xf-song-import-using-the-editor-vst
Although written for the XF, it should also apply to the XS. It goes into more detail than the article I previously linked to.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The Best User Guide for your Motif XS, ES, and XF
Next Topic:

Sound card and update question ››