mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "routing motif xs in cubase with external card problem"

Posted on: January 08, 2020 @ 08:48 PM
vitastudio
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-25-2016

Hello,

I have a difficulty to use motif xs with cubase v10.
before all I would like to understand what is possible to do and what is not possible to do.
and than how to configure

here are my questions :

- studio manager with motif editor v1.3 VS motif editor VST v1.6.4
could the both systems works simulteneously?
in my case: if I’m out of cubase, studio manager can detect motif editor, if I’m in cubase calling studio manager, motif editor is absent.

- could I split a drum kit into 16 different mono tracks in cubase ?
I have one midi track that is routed in motif sound generator, and from sound generator cubase receives 16 mono tracks in cubase

- more general question is it possible to mix mono and stereo tracks for output ? I understand that motif editor VST is limited to 8 stereo tracks, but with studio manager + motif editor is it possible to be more flexible and manage the combinations of mono and stereo tracks ?

- I use an external sound card for monitoring (lynx e22), how to work with this card for a project and route motif sounds into cubase ? would I limited to only 2 mono tracks ?
I did not understand well all the interconnection of motif and routings to do.

I’d be glad to have any explanation and perhaps video examples for a typical case and settings :
- midi track recorded with motif sound generator as external vsti or/and external instrument
- drum kit recorded as one midi track and splited on several mono and stereo audio outputs
- how to route with external audio interface
- how to route to external audio card for monitoring standalone mode of motif
- how to transmit patterns / song into cubase for futher work on the project
- how to transmit performances into cubase

thank you in advance for any help from the enumerated list.
for the moment I cannot make sound via cubase, so any help is welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2020 @ 09:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You might want to see this support article and the Getting Started Guide links in it:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/vst_editor_vs_studio_manager_editor_for_motif_xs_and_motif_rack_xs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2020 @ 12:39 PM
vitastudio
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-25-2016
5pinDIN - 08 January 2020 09:47 PM

You might want to see this support article and the Getting Started Guide links in it:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/vst_editor_vs_studio_manager_editor_for_motif_xs_and_motif_rack_xs

I read this yesterday and tried to do something, but it did not help me.
there are many explanations, but I do not understand why I have no signal in my case (from sound generator)
all the parameters, FW, Local Control, With PC, MidiIn Mlan, all configured as described in several topics from this site.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2020 @ 02:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Obviously, if everything was configured correctly, then there wouldn’t be a problem. Let’s see if we can determine where the problem is…

Some questions:
1)Which XS model (XS6/XS7/XS8) do you have?

2) If XS6 or XS7, does it have the optional mLAN interface?

3) Other than the XS, do you have equipment with mLAN?

4) Whis OS version is installed in your XS?

5) Do you have other Yamaha gear that requires Studio Manager?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading sounds into a Motif XS6
Next Topic:

I need help finding a Topic on Swing. ››