mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES8 and PLG150DX diagnostic"

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 06:18 PM
SnakeCoils
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-07-2020

Hello to you all,
this is my first post in the forum, I hope someone can verify the following behaviour.
I recently purchased a PLG150DX board on eBay and I verified it is recognized and works correctly both in my Motif ES8 and MU2000EX but for some reason when it operates in the Motif it fails the PLG diagnostic in the Service Menu reporting PLGx: NG - NG_BOARD
This happens when plugged in all three PLG slots, no matters about reset, factory recall and so on.
I also have two 256Mb DIMM installed but they are correctly recognized and pass the FULL memory test in the diagnostic so I think it should not be the problem.
The plug-in board itself appear to function as expected, nothing seems wrong except the Service diagnostic result.
Can someone with similar setup (Motif ES with PLG150DX installed) verify if this issue happens also on his/her own keyboard?

Many thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 09:31 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
SnakeCoils - 07 January 2020 06:18 PM

Hello to you all,
this is my first post in the forum,

Welcome to the forum.

SnakeCoils -

I hope someone can verify the following behaviour.
I recently purchased a PLG150DX board on eBay and I verified it is recognized and works correctly both in my Motif ES8 and MU2000EX but for some reason when it operates in the Motif it fails the PLG diagnostic in the Service Menu

If the PLG150-DX board seems to be working correctly in the ES, then you shouldn’t be concerned with the result of tests T18/T19/T20.

SnakeCoils -

reporting PLGx: NG - NG_BOARD
This happens when plugged in all three PLG slots, no matters about reset, factory recall and so on.

Do you have the Motif ES Service Manual? If so, please read the relevant pages and note that the “Procedure” for testing each of the three Plug-ins requires use of a Vocal Harmony (VH) board - if other than a VH board is used, the expected result will be for the test to fail, with the Error code NG_BOARD.

Have fun with your ES and the DX board!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 10:36 PM
SnakeCoils
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-07-2020

Thank you very much! I have dowloaded the ES6/7/8 Service Manual and I’ve found the section you were talking about: only the VH board can be used for PLG onboard diagnostics, all the other are reported as “NO GOOD” even if they are working correctly. For completeness I have also done the diagnostic on the MU2000EX (the key combination for Service Menu is the same as the MU128) and the PLG test result was OK (oddly enough the P1/P2/P3 references are reversed compared to front LEDs: PLG1 is referred as P3 in the MU128 Service Menu).
On the MU2000EX the PLG150 boards can be tested no matter if VH or not.
Even if the PLG150DX sounds beautifully I have experienced some troubles if I scroll too much fast through the various Bank or Voices (this happens expecially if the Dial selector is used): the PLG voice lists becomes blank (empty, literally) and only the “Silence” ones are still visible, the board itself went mute and there are no choices to hear anything until a power off/on is performed (warm factory reset is not sufficient). This seems not to happen if I go thru the banks using only the incremental buttons. The PLG voice selection also becomes unresponsive and changing Banks require seconds before the choice is accepted, until the usual power off/on, of course.
The internal voices of the ES instead can be heard without problems, only the PLG150DX went mute.
Anyway I am really happy about this purchase, a very nice addition to onboard sound palette, in the next days I will look for some FM editors to play with ;-)

[ Ignore ]