mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "None functioning bank of Keys XS7"

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 07:46 AM
damo129
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-24-2009

Hi everyone,

I have a Motif XS7 that has been my reliable workhorse for many years. Tonight I sat down to play and I have noticed a bank of keys not working… From the lowest G on the keyboard up to the C. All keys in between do not work either, but those above and below do. the fact it’s a group of keys scares me that it might be something electronic. Any advice on how to proceed would be most appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 08:01 AM
damo129
Joined  10-24-2009

update, After reading some other posts I have blasted the keys with some compressed air, which didn’t do anything, then randomly a few minutes later they started to work again. I can’t gig with this board if i lose these notes again. Anyone have any recommendations on what i should proactively check?

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 09:55 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Keys G0 through C1 share key matrix line BK01. A bad connection anywhere between where that line originates and where it connects to the key decoding circuit could cause those keys to be inoperative. BK01 begins on the MK76L board, passes through the MKC and MKH-D boards, and arrives at the EMKS-FD board. A flat cable connection problem between any of those boards could result in the problem you described. So could an intermittent failure in the key decoding circuit, although that’s less likely.

The Motif XS Service Manual can be downloaded from Elektrotanya. Unless you have good electronic skills and experience, I suggest that you do not attempt to repair the XS7 yourself, but find a qualified technician.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 09:59 AM
damo129
Joined  10-24-2009

Thanks. that’s very helpful. I will see how i go the next few days and book it in to be checked out.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Custom Creating drums
Next Topic:

Loading sounds into a Motif XS6 ››