mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "question about back ups"

Posted on: December 30, 2019 @ 12:45 AM
tradivoro
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-16-2003

Hi there.  I backed up the performances, voices, and all from the MOXF.  I noticed that these are very small files.  The ALL file is 2.5 megs big and the voice and performance file are equally small.  Is this normal?  I thought I was backing up the actual data of the synth.

Question number 2.  After I backed it up, I notice that when I go back to file and F2, there’s nothing there.  Before the back up there were 2 files now there’s nothing.  Is that normal?  Do I import the files I backed up? 

In any event, any info appreciated, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2019 @ 07:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
tradivoro - 30 December 2019 12:45 AM

Hi there.  I backed up the performances, voices, and all from the MOXF.  I noticed that these are very small files.  The ALL file is 2.5 megs big and the voice and performance file are equally small.  Is this normal?  I thought I was backing up the actual data of the synth.

Saving a file backs up the User data, but not Presets. Files saved without Samples/Waveforms aren’t very big. If your MOXF has a flash memory module installed, and you SAVE an “All” file that includes Samples, the file potentially could be as large as the full capacity of the flash module.

tradivoro -

Question number 2.  After I backed it up, I notice that when I go back to file and F2, there’s nothing there.  Before the back up there were 2 files now there’s nothing.  Is that normal?  Do I import the files I backed up?

Presuming you’re referring to the area at the right-hand side of the display…
What is shown can depend on the TYPE setting, and which directory’s contents is being displayed (root, or a sub-directory).

See page 60 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2020 @ 05:20 PM
tradivoro
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-16-2003

Thanks 5pin for the explanation on the file size.  I looked at page 60 and it seems that’s about what I did, I did a save all with the samples box checked, then one for performances and one for the sounds.  The machine continues to work since I did this backup, so I guess I didn’t screw anything up.  I just wanted to make a backup for the future.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOFX always leaves the SONG-Mode
Next Topic:

Connecting MoxF8 to iPad Pro 2019 ››