mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Factory Performances Erased After Firmware Update - Help!"

Posted on: December 25, 2019 @ 02:07 PM
cheerio32
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-26-2019

I apologize if this is a silly question in advance, I’m still learning about this particular synth.

I updated my Motif XS8 OS Firmware from the Yamaha website to the latest version of 160 to use with the Motif XS Editor on my DAW.

I just turned on the synth to use the performance mode and I noticed that all of the old factory performances are completely erased after the update--they all say “Initialized Perform.” All of the factory presets in Master mode are erased too.

I was aware before doing the update that I would lose my samples, songs, and patterns but not aware that I would lose the all of the factory performance mode presets and master mode presets that were within the complete library when I first purchased the synth from the warehouse.

How do I get the performance presets back on the new 160 update?

I really hope I didn’t damage this expensive equipment by installing this update.

Please help and Thank you in advance.

--

Update: I just researched an old forum online that said that, “all User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by [this] updater.”

Alright, so to “fix” this, it looks like I have to load the backup XOA file from my USB stick. I do have the file and I hope and believe I backed up everything correctly.

How do I load the XOA presets onto my Motif?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2019 @ 02:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Well, the “Readme” file that comes with the OS update download does warn that “all User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by this updater.”, and that User data can be saved before updating. It also explains how do a factory reset and then reload the saved “all” file afterward.  :-)

However, there’s no need to panic. Either read the “Readme”, or see…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479012/
...for how to do a factory reset, which will restore the original Performances, etc.

Have fun with your XS.

EDIT: You updated your post as I was replying to it. See page 280 of the XS Owner’s Manual for file loading information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2019 @ 03:09 PM
cheerio32
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-26-2019

Thank you so much! I was able to find an old forum that showed how to load the XOA file settings. I was able to successfully load the old settings on my own.

I did not know that a factory reset would restore all of the original settings.

I had no idea what it meant to “Initialize settings” Readme, but now I do. :)

Thank you and take care!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2019 @ 03:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cheerio32 - 25 December 2019 03:09 PM

Thank you so much! I was able to find an old forum that showed how to load the XOA file settings. I was able to successfully load the old settings on my own.

I did not know that a factory reset would restore all of the original settings.

I had no idea what it meant to “Initialize settings” Readme, but now I do. :)

Thank you and take care!

You’re welcome - I’m glad you were able to restore things.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ LOST MIDI connection
Next Topic:

Custom Creating drums ››