mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "memory card to motif 7 from 2003 whats the name of it and can i get it now in 2019?"

Posted on: December 18, 2019 @ 08:29 AM
ballademaker
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-18-2019

where to get the memory card to motif 7 from 2003?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2022 @ 11:09 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

I don’t know if you can get them any more.

The classic uses a really old style Smart Media Card. I believe the largest it can address is 64Mb.

There was, at some point in the past, an adapter so you would be able to read SD cards, but no matter how big the card, the Motif OS can only see the first 64Mb of it, so no point having a huge card.

Hope this helps

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2022 @ 09:29 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  163
Joined  10-30-2011

The SmartMedia card was Yamaha’s chosen format for removable storage, meant to replace the floppy disk starting in the late 90s. The card format was relatively short-lived, though, and topped out at 128 MB around 2001.

256 MB cards were planned at the time, but these never surfaced. Some devices are said to be able to address this capacity using other card types in adapters.

SmartMedia cards were used in the PSR3000, MU2000, QY100, CS6X, RS7000, Motif/Motif ES, to name a few. The manuals for these instruments differ on the listed card capacities, but this is most likely because the larger sizes only became available later. In general, early devices have capacity limitations, and typically require a firmware update to add support for the larger cards. Later ones like the Motif can use the full 128 MB.

SmartMedia cards are no longer manufactured, but you can still find old stock or used cards on eBay. Pay attention to the card voltage, since there are two types; The Motif needs a 3V card (sometimes labelled 3.3V), and not the 5V variety (typically older low-capacity cards).

- H -

[ Ignore ]