mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Panning Parts and FX."

Posted on: December 04, 2019 @ 05:57 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

For my upcoming gig, all of my Performances have:

1) Drums on Part 1.
2) Bass Guitar on Part 2.
3) An EP or Piano or Organ on Part 3.
4) Horns or Strings on Part 4.

I’m Panning the Bass Guitar far left, and I’m sending the Left Main Output to a Bass Amp, and I’m panning all other Parts far right, and then sending the Right Main Output to a Mixer.

My question is are the FX being panned as well?

The reason I ask is because I hear some slight FX of Parts 1, 3 and 4 coming from the Bass Amp, and I’m curious if the FX can be/need to be panned the same way I have panned the Voices?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2019 @ 10:36 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The amplification arrangement you’re using isn’t typical. It won’t, of course, allow stereo effects to function correctly.

With a MOXF your options are limited. Insert Effects come after the Voice Pan control, so that setting won’t affect their placement. System Effects (reverb and chorus) can be panned, but that affects all of the Parts in a Performance simultaneously.

If you had a Motif XF, a Part (or Parts) could be sent to the Assignable Outputs, where the Insert Effect for a Part is retained but the System Effects are bypassed. That still might not be ideal with your amplification setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2019 @ 04:11 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Is it unusual in a live setting to use a keyboard in Mono?

I can live without stereo effects panning back and forth between Monitors 20 feet apart.

How do I pan the System Effects, and I ask because I’m at home, and the MOXF8 is at the Rehearsal Hall :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2019 @ 06:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jerrydpi - 04 December 2019 04:11 PM

Is it unusual in a live setting to use a keyboard in Mono?

Two channels of stereo used separately in the manner you described isn’t what most users would refer to as “mono”.

jerrydpi -

I can live without stereo effects panning back and forth between Monitors 20 feet apart.

You haven’t said which Insert Effects are being used, but the majority of them are “stereo” - I put the term in quotes because with panning, phasing, delaying effects, even a mono source can be expanded to “stereo”. You may have to select other Insert Effects or disable them to prevent whatever it is you find unacceptable.

jerrydpi -

How do I pan the System Effects, and I ask because I’m at home, and the MOXF8 is at the Rehearsal Hall :)

Select Performance Common Edit, [F6]EFFECT > [SF1]CONNECT
Parameters Chorus Pan and Reverb Pan can be set there.
See page 63 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2019 @ 01:15 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Thanks!

PS

I decided to use the MOXF in the way it was designed, so I’m assigning all Parts to output in Stereo, I have put the Bass volume at 0, and I’m playing the Bass through Trilian.

Which................................................................................................

leads to a new Thread about my MOXF humming horribly when a usb cable is hooked up to it :)

[ Ignore ]