mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Suddenly lowered volume on seemingly random MIDI channels"

Posted on: November 30, 2019 @ 12:51 AM
DavidMennoMoyer
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-29-2019

Hi, all - been using my old Motif Classic for years and suddenly hit with a problem I can’t figure out.  In Song Mode, I’m finding that seemingly random MIDI channels will spontaneously suffer a huge drop in volume - not to zero, but very near.  This happens whether I’m playing a sequence, or simply playing the keyboard.  The volume seems to reset when I switch to a different song and then back again, but another volume drop invariably seems to happen not too long afterwards.  Given that it happens during sequence playback, it obviously has nothing to do with an actual keystroke, and given that it happens during live playing it obviously isn’t something hidden within a sequence.  Just to make things even more mysterious, the problem affect my other synth, a Roland JV-1080, when I’m playing it through the Motif keyboard.  This problem seems to have come out of nowhere - I just came back from several weeks away, and everything was working perfectly before I left.  Now my synth is pretty much unplayable.

I’m stumped.  Any ideas, folks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2019 @ 03:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

A couple of questions…
1) Does this problem occur only in Song mode, but doesn’t happen in Pattern, Performance, or Voice modes?

2) If you disconnect any pedals and MIDI connections (5-pin and USB) from the Motif, does the problem persist?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG VL 150 Articulation
Next Topic:

Motif 2003 model used with logic x 10.4.8 ››