mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS8 via FW to MacBook Pro with OS Catalina - driver blocked"

Posted on: November 22, 2019 @ 10:22 PM
ashbeauty
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-30-2011

I have Motif XS8 which has been working great with Cubase 10.5 and my Dell ssd. I recently started using a used MacBook pro 2013 in order to use MainStage and Sunday Keys templates. Right away I noticed I couldn’t connect with the mLan fw connection, but I was able to quickly get going using the USB drivers. Today I wanted to take more time to try connecting the mLan, more than anything to pass the audio from the Motif AD/input to the Mac if possible. In my endeavor to update the Yamaha Steinberg FY driver, I find that it gets blocked by the Mac and I am not able to get beyond that block. It says it needs an updated 64 bit compatible driver - that the new Catalina will no longer accept 32 bit compatible apps. Do you know if anyone is successfully using a Motife XS8 with the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver on a mac with the OS Catalina?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2019 @ 12:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Beginning with Catalina, Apple has discontinued support for 32-bit applications. It’s best not to upgrade to that mac OS until you’re sure that software you need to run has compatibility.

Here’s the current status for Yamaha software:
https://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-1145524

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2019 @ 10:20 PM
ashbeauty
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-30-2011

Thank you @SpinDIN. This current status report from Yamaha is so helpful, and it looks promising that a fix will come soon. I’ve seen lots of chatter about frustration with this issue. Perhaps Apple thinks they’re so in monopoly that everyone will be forced to follow their lead. Thanks for this update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2020 @ 12:01 PM
zoueva
Total Posts:  56
Joined  02-15-2009

Any updates on this issue?
Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No sound on song playback
Next Topic:

â€œload PCG with RAM Samples” ››