mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS7 Delay Goes Away When I Hit Play!"

Posted on: October 19, 2019 @ 11:00 PM
imaband
Total Posts:  73
Joined  07-22-2003

Hi,

I’m using SONAR X3 with a Yamaha Motif XS7 and I dialed in a really nice sounding Comp Distortion Delay guitar patch with an insert effect that provides a 300ms delay as shown in the attachment. The slap-back delay is there before I start my midi sequence, but then goes away (and is boring and dry) as soon as I hit play. Actually that’s not quite correct. I discovered that the delay effect goes away after the MIDI patch change even happens. No clue why. What’s more is when I just dial up the patch manually on the synth itself, the effect is *NOT* there at first. Equally strange is that when I navigate (via Motif XS Voice Editor) the effect comes back as soon as I click Edit… from the InsB effect. Can anyone explain why this is happening or provide insight on how to fix it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Image Attachments
DelaySettings.PNG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2019 @ 11:01 AM
imaband
Total Posts:  73
Joined  07-22-2003

Update Ok so I forgot that MIDI Controller 17 controls the amount of effect on ASSIGN2 and I had it set too low. So now I can control it from SONAR, but the same settings have no effect when just playing the file in ShowPlay (a midi player for stage performance). I’ll reach out to ShowPlay support on that. Meanwhile, I can just use the ASSIGN2 controller on the X77. Sorry for any confusion.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS7 Yes/No Keys Not Working
Next Topic:

mLAN Expansion Board IEEE1394 ››