mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing (background) colour of the XF display"

Posted on: October 15, 2019 @ 07:05 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there,

Did I mention the XF is a great machine and music production tool?  :  )

One thing that really annoys me though, is the colour setting of the display.
Especially in voice/ performance mode the big ‘white bright’ screen distracts from/while playing music (especially in contrast with the black finish of the XF itself it).
Changing small parts from red to purple or yellow doesn’t help making it more ‘easy on the eye’…
The XS had a nice decent dark background… (I was glad Yamaha didn’t go along with the horrible sreaming colours as i.e. the roland FA display...), more colour isn’t necessary better.. (of course, there’s taste..).

Maybe it’s a matter of ‘getting used to’ but right now after one eventing behind the XF I seriously consider trading ‘down’ to the MOXF .. (not really but as far as the display concerns.... as a matter of speak).

Am I the only one who doesn’t like the big white screen? Maybe, if more people prefer a more decent/ less provocative colour pallet, as a kind of couresey, Yamaha could release a new OS with only one extra feature: the possiblitiy of choosing a less brite colour instead of this ‘brite white’..
Like to hear from you XF owners ... !

Kind regards, Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2019 @ 08:02 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

While I find the default red text to be annoying, the “Yellow” setting, along with proper adjustment of the rear panel LCD CONTRAST control, is personally satisfactory.

If you’re playing in a darkened room, the screen might be bright enough to be distracting. In that case turning on some lighting can be helpful.

Also see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479639/

Alternatively, a piece of neutral density filter material might be the answer - for example…
https://www.amazon.com/Gel-Sheet-299-Neutral-Density/dp/B0089R864I
...but choosing the appropriate density for your needs might take some experimentation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2019 @ 08:34 AM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks for your fast reply. Filter materiaal will help but will cause new problems in pattern/ song mode (where the filter filters text in stead of the white back ground.

The frist link (other post on the forum) refers to the same problem. It is not the colour of the letters, but the background that is (basic colour) ‘white’ which is not only ugly (as said this is also a matter of personal taste) but it maken the screen ‘scream’ where the attenties should not (only) be focussen on the display ..

I guess the only solution for now is to adjust brightness or turning on some lightning.

As far as I can judge, for Yamaha it should be a simple/ minor operation to change the colour ‘white’ in a grey or another less bright colour so the screen is more easy on the eye. And as stated in the promotion videos of the XF: “Yamaha has been listening to the demands and wishes of the customer” ....

Although discontinued this should require less than minimaal effort/costs and could make a lot of people even more happy with their XF ... Would like to hear other XF players opinion on this issue ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2019 @ 03:21 AM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

In the earlier post it is said it’s possible to ‘customize’ the layout of the display.
Somewhere in the software someone said ‘white’ (where the colour of the background had to be determined).
If it would be possible to change the word ‘white’ into ‘grey’ or ... could it be that simple? (I’m not a programmer).
If anyone has experience with or knwoledge about a possibility to change this nasty ‘white’ ... would be great.
Maybe it’s just not possible (as it was with the XS to ‘cusomize’ the screen?).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Alternatives for FW16e Audio Interface
Next Topic:

Trouble with the 1024 flasboards ... ››