mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Forscore and Motif XS7"

Posted on: July 14, 2019 @ 03:42 PM
rvdkamp
Total Posts:  10
Joined  06-01-2011

Hello,

I’m using Forscore on my ipad to get my lyrics and accords. When I choose a songtitle, forscore sents a midi command to my Motif to set the right setting. I use mostly the ‘songmode’ and that is working pretty good.
My Ipad is connected with a Apple camera connection-kit and a Roland UM-one midi convertor.
The problem is, some of my settings for a special song is prgrammed in a performance nut I don’t know how to change to a Voice or Performance mode setting.

Is there anyone who can give me a hint?

gr. René

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2019 @ 04:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you can send SysEx messages to the XS…

To select the Mode on an XS set as device #1, send:
F0 43 10 7F 03 0A 00 01 0n F7
where…
n=0 Voice mode
n=1 Performance mode
n=2 Pattern mode
n=3 Song mode
n=4 Master mode

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2019 @ 11:15 AM
rvdkamp
Joined  06-01-2011

Hi 5pinDIN,

Yesss!  It’s working great!! Thanx!!

Can I ask you just one question maybe?

WHen I switch to a song mode and a particular song, it would be great if I can set the zone number! I have programmed my sounds to play in zone number 2, and I switch to zone number 1 to play a solo.

What MIDI message should I use to startup a song in zone number 1?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2019 @ 03:52 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rvdkamp - 15 July 2019 11:15 AM

Hi 5pinDIN,

Yesss!  It’s working great!! Thanx!!

You’re welcome!

rvdkamp -

Can I ask you just one question maybe?

WHen I switch to a song mode and a particular song, it would be great if I can set the zone number! I have programmed my sounds to play in zone number 2, and I switch to zone number 1 to play a solo.

What MIDI message should I use to startup a song in zone number 1?

It’s unclear (at least to me) what you want to accomplish. There are no zones in Song mode, only Master. When a Song is first selected, button [1] is lit, and Track 1 is selected. By default that Track will transmit on MIDI Channel 1 (and Track 2 on Channel 2, etc.)

The default Transmit Channel can be changed.
From Song Play mode, press [F3](Track) > [SF1](Out).
TxCh (Transmit Channel) for each Track can be set from 1 to 16.
See page 184 of the XS Owner’s Manual for details.
Perhaps that will do what you need.
If not, please explain in more detail, or post an example file (without samples) so that we can see what you’re doing - ZIP it first to attach.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2019 @ 04:14 PM
rvdkamp
Joined  06-01-2011

I’m sorry, that’s not what I meant.
When I choose a Song, the standard default Track 1 is activated. But I want the default set at Track 2.
I switch to track 1 to play a solo in the band, and then switch back to Track 2.
Is this a setting in the songmode itself maybe?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2019 @ 09:00 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rvdkamp - 15 July 2019 04:14 PM

I’m sorry, that’s not what I meant.
When I choose a Song, the standard default Track 1 is activated. But I want the default set at Track 2.
I switch to track 1 to play a solo in the band, and then switch back to Track 2.
Is this a setting in the songmode itself maybe?

There’s no way to set the default to Track 2.

However, you can reverse the Transmit Channel assignment. See my previous post in this thread. Try setting Track 1 TxCh to “2”, and Track 2 TxCh to “1”. STORE the result if that accomplishes what you want.

If not…
I’ll need to see what you’re doing. Please post an example.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2019 @ 02:12 PM
rvdkamp
Joined  06-01-2011

Hi 5pinDIN,

I Will try to be more clearly.

I thought iT would be helpful if I use a certain setup in all my songs, so i’ve programmed my songs as follows:

Track 1.  To play solo.  Transmitting MIDI Channel 1 (often with use of Breath controllers)
Track 2 - 7.  To play whatever needed.  Transmitting MIDI Channel 2
Track 8.  To play the left hand.  Transmitting MIDI Channel 2
Track 9 - 16. To play second keyboard Transmitting MIDI Channel 2

In track 2-7 I use several kind of sounds which will be sounding together, or e.g. I’ve made Some splitpoints to a certain part of my keyboard. (E.g. Track 2 for playing strings with left-hand, track 3 in the middle of the keyboard to get a specific sound, and track 4 on the right side of the keyboard to play Some organ).

So, when we start a new song, I’ve to push ‘Track’ and ‘Button 2’ to get my ‘normal sounds’ to play for that song.
When the time is there to play my solo, I push ‘ Track 1 button’, play a solo, and switch back to ‘Track 2’ to play the rest of the song.

Normally when we’ve a gig, I program the Motif in ‘Master mode’ to be fast in switching between the different songs. In Master you can program the ‘Zone’ in which you want to start a song. And that zone is ‘2’ for me!!

So, now you’ve helped me to make iT possible to sent the right MIDI messages from Forscore to my keyboard when I choose a song on my IPad, iT isn’t nessecary anymore to use the ‘Master mode’ .
I simply make several ‘setlists’ in Forscore (that takes 2 minutes) and my keyboard is setup right away.

The Only thing I’ve have to do, is pushing the ‘Track’ button once, and then push ‘Button 2’ before start playing every song.

And now my question: is iT possible to sent a MIDI message from my IPad to my Motif XS, to setup thuis ‘Track 2 Button’ ???? (Ofcourse after choosing ‘Song mode’ and ‘Song Number’ by MIDI Message).

GR. René

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2019 @ 03:21 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I’ll also attempt to be clearer:

No, the Track 2 button can’t be selected via MIDI.

I previously explained how to get all the Parts assigned to Track 2 to be selected by button [1], and for the single Part assigned to Track 1 to be selected by button [2]. That causes the layered or split sounds to be selected by default when a Song is selected. The solo sound would then be selected with button [2]. Pressing button [1] would return to the layered/split sounds.

Alternatively, you could reprogram the Tracks and Parts in all your Songs. I think my way is easier.

Why don’t you apply what I suggested on one of your Songs? If that doesn’t accomplish your goal, kindly explain what the problem is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2019 @ 06:12 AM
rvdkamp
Joined  06-01-2011

Hi 5pinDIN,

I followed your advice and everything is working fine now!! Fantastic!
By assigning the Tracks 1 to button 2 etc as you said!
Thans for your help and was patiënt with me!

THNX!  René

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2019 @ 04:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rvdkamp - 20 July 2019 06:12 AM

Hi 5pinDIN,

I followed your advice and everything is working fine now!! Fantastic!
By assigning the Tracks 1 to button 2 etc as you said!
Thans for your help and was patiënt with me!

THNX!  René

You’re welcome - I’m glad that worked for your needs.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ All C and F# Stop working
Next Topic:

Newby midi question ››