mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Drum Edit Question"

Posted on: July 11, 2019 @ 12:53 AM
alexanderthegreat
Total Posts:  10
Joined  07-11-2019

Hi everyone, new to the site. I just purchase a mint Motif XF6. I am a long time Roland Fantom X user and got very used to all of its functions and settings. Here’s my question, I am trying to edit the drum kit sounds in song mode. I know there is a option to use the “oscillator” and your able to adjust filters, volume, pitch and other great useful things. I can’t find that option. I want to adjust the kicks and snare pitches and change filters on the drum kicks. On my Fantom there is a button labeled “Patch Edit” super easy to use. Also the sequencer is much more user friendly, but with that being said, the Motif sounds are much more advanced than the Fantom. I have already made a track in song mode so I just need to learn how to edit the drums to perfect track making on the XF. Thanks guys.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2019 @ 08:05 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you got a copy of the Owner’s Manual with the XF. However, there are other manuals available. Editing drum parameters is covered in detail in the XF Reference Manual - the Editing a Drum Voice section begins on page 84, and Key Edit parameters starts on page 87.

The Reference Manual and other useful information is available for download as PDF files. There are actually five manuals relevant to the Motif XF:
Owner’s Manual
Reference Manual
Supplementary Manual
Data List
Synthesizer Parameter Manual

The first four can be found here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/music_production/downloads/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=music_production&k=motif+xf

The Synthesizer Parameter Manual is here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/323557/synth_en_pm_a0.pdf

I hope that helps. If you have specific questions after seeing the above, just ask.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2019 @ 12:09 PM
alexanderthegreat
Joined  07-11-2019

I can’t seem to find the Oscillator setting for editing the drum kits in song mode. The manual has steps listed for voice mode, but not song mode. I need help find a way to edit each sound in the drum kits to my liking, pitch, filter, volume, pan in song mode. In my Fantom it was so easy, edit patch button and boom, there it is. Is there a mixture of buttons I have to press to bring up that menu? Everything seems so complicated. For example If i hit mixing and edit and hit the channel i have for drums say 10, It brings up a menu says song Edit part 10. Has some options, but nothing like the oscillator menu in voice has.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2019 @ 01:37 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

To edit a Drum Voice from Song mode…
Press [MIXING]
Use the cursor buttons or press a numbered button ( [1]~[16] ) to highlight the Part number where the Drum Voice (kit) is located
Press [F6] Vce Edit  (Voice Edit)
Press [1]
Select the key to edit, using the Data Dial, the [INC]/[DEC] buttons, or by pressing a key.

When done editing, the Drum Voice can be STOREd to a User Drum Voice location. Be sure to choose a location carefully, since the Voice currently in that User location will be overwritten.

See Editing Mixing Voices on page 198 of the XF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2019 @ 05:53 PM
alexanderthegreat
Joined  07-11-2019
5pinDIN - 11 July 2019 01:37 PM

To edit a Drum Voice from Song mode…
Press [MIXING]
Use the cursor buttons or press a numbered button ( [1]~[16] ) to highlight the Part number where the Drum Voice (kit) is located
Press [F6] Vce Edit  (Voice Edit)
Press [1]
Select the key to edit, using the Data Dial, the [INC]/[DEC] buttons, or by pressing a key.

When done editing, the Drum Voice can be STOREd to a User Drum Voice location. Be sure to choose a location carefully, since the Voice currently in that User location will be overwritten.

See Editing Mixing Voices on page 198 of the XF Reference Manual.

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. I have lots to learn lol.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2019 @ 10:58 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
alexanderthegreat - 11 July 2019 05:53 PM

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

You’re welcome.

alexanderthegreat -

I have lots to learn lol.

I think you’ll find that it’s worth the effort.

Have fun.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ choose differten moxf8 voices in cubase elements 10
Next Topic:

All song ››