mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rack cycling through sounds by itself"

Posted on: June 28, 2019 @ 09:46 PM
Don Hughes
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-12-2010

I turned onthe rack today and its cycling through all the voices by itself.  What would cause this and is there a way to fix it?  Have not tried a hard reset yet till i hear everyone’s thoughts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2019 @ 09:08 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  163
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

My first guess would be that the Encoder knob or one of the Cursor buttons may be starting to wear out. If electrical contact is compromised, either by simple wear and tear, or by dust/dirt making its way into the actual switch/encoder, they can sometimes start generating spurious or repeated data streams.

When the synth starts cycling through patches, try turning the Encoder knob back and forth repeatedly, and see if it settles down. If that fails, try pushing the Cursor [up]/[down] buttons in the same fashion.

An external component may also be at fault, depending on what you have your Rack XS connected to, e.g. by sending unwanted MIDI data to the Rack XS. In such cases, MIDIox (or similar MIDI monitoring software) may help narrowing down the problem.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ARP & Key Mode - Direct
Next Topic:

Opening S70xs multis in Motif Rack ››