mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Reassign Tempo to a slider or jog wheel for precision adjustment?"

Posted on: June 08, 2019 @ 05:51 AM
keyman@usa.net
Total Posts:  67
Joined  07-28-2006

Greetings Forum!

I have sliced a wav file with the intent of changing the tempo during a gig. Tempo is assigned to assignable know 8.
I would like to assign that function to a slider etc. in order to have more granular control as I dial in a specific tempo. The tempo needed can change from gig to gig.
I tried the search but I may not have used the correct words in order to find any previous posts on this.

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2019 @ 05:32 AM
keyman@usa.net
Total Posts:  67
Joined  07-28-2006
keyman@usa.net - 08 June 2019 05:51 AM

Greetings Forum!

I have sliced a wav file with the intent of changing the tempo during a gig. Tempo is assigned to assignable know 8.
I would like to assign that function to a slider etc. in order to have more granular control as I dial in a specific tempo. The tempo needed can change from gig to gig.
I tried the search but I may not have used the correct words in order to find any previous posts on this.

Thx

I should clarify: I have the Song assigned to a Master; using Master Mode, Tempo is assigned to knob 8. I have Zones activated. So in Master Mode I’d like to assign Tempo to a slider for more granular control.

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2019 @ 07:47 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  10810
Joined  09-16-2010

Assignment of Parameters to a Control Slider is limited. In a zoned Master, Knob/Slider assignment can be made to various CC numbers per Zone, but unfortunately Tempo isn’t controllable by CC.

I presume that by “more granular” you’re wanting a finer control than the TEMPO knob provides via ARP FX [SELECTED PART CONTROL]. If so, very fine control can be accessed. After selecting the Master, press [SONG] and highlight the Tempo field (quarter note symbol). The Data Dial and [DEC]/[INC] buttons will adjust the value, as will [+]/[-] keys on a connected USB ASCII keyboard.

I hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]