mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moxf to Montage - How to Connect"

Posted on: June 06, 2019 @ 08:31 AM
ppsayl
Total Posts:  22
Joined  05-02-2011

I would like to connect my Moxf 6 to my Montage 7 via the L Mono on my Moxf to my A/D input on my Montage so the Moxf sounds are generated in the same recording channel as my Montage when playing live (I have a dual keyboard setup)...or would it be easier to set the Moxf as the slave and the Montage as the master to accomplish this (and if so, how)? Many thanks.

Paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2019 @ 04:55 PM
jochner
Total Posts:  29
Joined  12-19-2010
ppsayl - 06 June 2019 08:31 AM

I would like to connect my Moxf 6 to my Montage 7 via the L Mono on my Moxf to my A/D input on my Montage so the Moxf sounds are generated in the same recording channel as my Montage when playing live (I have a dual keyboard setup)...or would it be easier to set the Moxf as the slave and the Montage as the master to accomplish this (and if so, how)? Many thanks.

Paul

I think you mixed up two different things.
1. Audio outs of your rig.
2. Midi controlling.

Using such setup live with the same Audio in of Montage could end up a disaster. Cause playing complex sounds via the same input with both keyboards can give you distortion and picks as a result.

2. Using Montage as a master and Moxf as a slave its a classic configuration of a midi connection with midi cables.
But i am strongly suggesting to use separate outs even DBoxes for better quality sound.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Normalizing Volume/Velocity (etc) Tip or Job?
Next Topic:

Reaper and MOXF Daw Remote Mode ››