mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Normalizing Volume/Velocity (etc) Tip or Job?"

Posted on: June 04, 2019 @ 03:06 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I have put together 4 tracks with 4 different Brass instruments. I created them one at a time, trial and error, punching in punching out. So far so good BUT at this point the Notes and Clock times are right but the Volumes plus things like Velocity and Gate (I’m guessing) are all over the place. 

I realize that I don’t WANT everything exactly alike in terms of those characteristics, cause that’s what makes it sound “human”, but I’m needing to Mix now and I’d like to start from some baseline/balance as I move from section to section. Is there a way to normalize things before I get into the tedium of working track by track? I don’t really want to have to go into every Event in every measure, but perhaps there’s a global way to do that, too.

I am also wondering, btw, if there is any way to mix four parts at a time. I know there are no sliders on an MOXF, but there is a way to call up 4 tracks (1-4, 5-8, 9-12- 13-16) at at time and assign them each a knob. Not sure I can tweak more than two at a time that way, but it would still be better then one track at a time. Is it possible to Mix on the fly that way, or is that display (4 tracks at a time) ONLY for changing things temporarily in Perf or Song mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2019 @ 04:00 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi muscarella,

Do you have a DAW such as Cubase or Logic?

Because I couldn’t face the leborious wicker basket making task of going through each event on that little screen, I’d export a MIDI file and edit it in a DAW, then bring it back in to your MOXF when you’ve cleaned it up.

DAWs have much better features for cleaning up a lot of events very quickly, and editing main volume.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ performance creator
Next Topic:

Moxf to Montage - How to Connect ››