mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No data (again)"

Posted on: May 29, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hello
I read several threads after doing an advanced search re the No Data message when trying to load a midi file, and 5Piin was instrumental in solving the issues in both, which were related to MAC vs Windows files.

I use a PC, windows 10 with all current updates.  The file I downloaded, and will try and attach, is wish you were here by PF.  It loaded fine with windows player, as I try to screen the quality before saving.  I renamed the file successfully, keeping the .mid extension of course, and got the same message.  The renamed file also opened and played in windows media player.

The size shown in windows explorer and in the Motif XF screen is 47kb I believe.  There were no underscores or dots in the name and it works good on two different Pc’s, as well as my IPad when I imported it to a midi app.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

UPDATE: EACH TIME I ATTACH THE FILE, THE TEXT WINDOW WITH MY MESSAGE APPEARS AGAIN, WITH NO ATTACHMENT.  I’M DOOMED!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2019 @ 11:23 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Richie,

Did you try zipping the file up before uploading?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2019 @ 07:24 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Typically files that won’t attach to a post are either too large or have an unacceptable file extension. Since 47kB (or so) is well below the size limit, ZIP the file as philwoodmusic mentioned and it should attach. It should then be possible to determine why the XF isn’t able to load it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2019 @ 12:46 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Appreciate the quick replies.  I was in sleepland when you replied.  On road today but I’ll try.

One more observation.....I imported the file into audacity to view and it showed no tracks whatsoever.  I also imported 2 other midi files I had (type 0&1;) and both showed the track(s) and length of file.  The wish.mid file showed,......well,
.....no data.

[ Ignore ]