mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Where is my USB"

Posted on: April 01, 2019 @ 03:09 AM
Keys4Jazz
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-20-2013

Today on my MOX6 there is no USB signal going to the DAW.
I’m using Ableton Live 10 on a PC. Today there is no MOX listed in Ableton.  There is no MOX shown in device manager, it does not exist.
I rebooted computer and synth several times. Tried a new USB cable plugged directly into the computer, nothing. Uninstalled the driver and re-installed. Nothing.  I have a MODX also, it uses the same driver??

What am I doing wrong? Is there a hardware breakdown on the MOX.
It appears that the USB just quit. Any troubleshooting ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2019 @ 05:35 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Press [UTILITY] > [F6]MIDI > [SF4]OTHER
Verify that MIDI IN/OUT is set to USB.
If not, change it and STORE.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2019 @ 05:58 AM
Keys4Jazz
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-20-2013

Thanks, Yes it is set to USB.  I’m Beginning to think the USB port is dead, so I booted up a laptop and plugged in the MOX, bingo, it connected. WTF? So the problem is not the MOX, but the PC.  When I download the driver for the MOX, it is the same driver for MODX, YSUSB_1104.  How does my PC know to install drivers for both instruments, when they have the same driver???  I don’t get that part, obviously I am not a hacker.  I would expect each instrument to have it’s own driver??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2019 @ 06:40 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Models doing audio over USB use that driver.

Make sure that you accurately follow all the steps in the driver installation guide. When the MOX is connected as directed, Windows should detect it and then the driver installation can be completed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Kashmir riff
Next Topic:

MOX(F) Waveforms ››