mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MX performance midi program change with ON Song"

Posted on: April 01, 2019 @ 12:41 AM
Deadkeys
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-01-2019

A relatively simple task of having Onsong lyric reader from Ipad send midi program changes to select one of the performances. 1-128.
Cannot find any midi info in manual. When I select or scroll to a performance, The midi learn feature sees MSB63 & program 33 for every performance. What am i missing here? OnSong has a function of sending a program number change of 1 -128 but the MX61 never responds.
Does the MX have a midi program change to directly select a specific performance?

Thanks
JAmes

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2019 @ 06:17 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum

Deadkeys - 01 April 2019 12:41 AM

A relatively simple task of having Onsong lyric reader from Ipad send midi program changes to select one of the performances. 1-128.
Cannot find any midi info in manual.

MX manuals can be found here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/music_production/downloads/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=music_production&k=mx

Download the Data List for the model you own. Go to the MIDI Data Table section and then see the Bank Select information.

Deadkeys -

When I select or scroll to a performance, The midi learn feature sees MSB63 & program 33 for every performance. What am i missing here? OnSong has a function of sending a program number change of 1 -128 but the MX61 never responds.
Does the MX have a midi program change to directly select a specific performance?

Bank Select/Program Change messages consist of three bytes, MSB/LSB/PC. The values are as shown in the Data List.

Also note that there are Utility Mode settings that can affect Bank Select and Program Change message transmission and reception, and that value numbering can vary with the application being used. See this previous thread for further details:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/476772/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX 61 setting up performances
Next Topic:

MX 61 and rotary speaker ››