mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Senior newbie question"

Posted on: March 21, 2019 @ 11:35 AM
Jchex2
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-21-2019

I’ve searched the forum for this answer. I’m sure it’s there and I just don’t understand. I’m playing live on the moxf8 and want to know how/where to record a horn section (4 measures) and then while playing live, trigger(?) the horns to play on the chorus of the song. I’m a senior newbie and almost embarrassed to ask the question. Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2019 @ 04:28 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi there

You would have to record a 4 bar song for that, if you did a pattern, it would loop. Then hit [Play] when you want the horn section to come in.

Alternatively, record the whole song with mainly empty measures and press [Play] at the beginning.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2019 @ 10:51 AM
Jchex2
Joined  03-21-2019

I guess I’m not properly explaining myself. I will be playing live with my band, with a piano voice on the moxf8. At the chorus of the song I need to have the horn part come in while I’m playing the piano.
I need to know how to trigger the pre recorded horn part as I play the piano part.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2019 @ 11:35 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

The only way to trigger your prerecorded sequence, as far as I know, is by playing it. I don’t think there is a way to trigger with a key or similar.

A sampler may be more suitable for what you described.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2019 @ 12:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jchex2 - 22 March 2019 10:51 AM

I guess I’m not properly explaining myself. I will be playing live with my band, with a piano voice on the moxf8. At the chorus of the song I need to have the horn part come in while I’m playing the piano.
I need to know how to trigger the pre recorded horn part as I play the piano part.

Welcome to the forum.

Your explanation is clear, but perhaps you aren’t grasping what zpink has suggested.

For live play, start with this…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

In Song Mixing mode, set Part 1 to use the Voice you prefer for the piano. Then set the Voice for Part 2 to the horn ensemble, and record the horns for four measures to Track 2. STORE the Song/Mixing.

Select Track 1 in Song mode. Play the piano via the keyboard, press [ > ](Play) when you want the recorded horns to come in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2019 @ 01:56 PM
Jchex2
Joined  03-21-2019

Got it now. Thank you both. I tried it and it works fine.

[ Ignore ]