mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New to motifator not new the mitif6 but…..,"

Posted on: February 28, 2019 @ 04:52 AM
djclicktrak@gmail.com
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-28-2019

I have had the classic motif 6 bought it brand new in 2003 and I love the board. I admit I have been leaving her unattended for a few years now I would love to get her up to date and running better than she was. What updates or downloads firmware do I need to do to get her up to date. What can I do as in plug ins to get me a new fresh bunch of sounds. I have had her for a long time and my knowledge of her was very limited all I did was get on go to performance and make a beat that’s it I never played around with sampling effects a whole lot I hate that I only have 2 effects that I have to use within all 16 midi tracks kind of drives me crazy. I just know that this board is pretty damn old but is still a very powerful machine and I would like to actually to unleash her. Any suggestion or tips I would very much appreciate it thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2019 @ 12:28 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Welcome back to your Motif and welcome to Motifator.com!

You’re right on several counts: Motif remains a very powerful instrument. However it is an almost 20-year old design now so it’s not realistic to expect to be able to get too much in there way of ‘modern’ add-ons and updates.

I’d recommend you first pick up one of the instructional videos made back in 2001 but now available as a download for the Shop here on Motifator.com. Three separate videos were made and this set will get you on the right track for sure.

The main problem you may face is hardware: we’re no longer able to source either the memory for the ‘Classic’ (not crucial except that sampling, or loading sample banks require it), or the SmartMedia cards used for storing and loading voices, patterns and arpeggios etc. If you do not have any of these from your original usage of the instrument, we ‘may’ have a small number of ‘used’ SmartMedia cards here. Alternatively, you may find Classic owners here on the forums can help you out.

Assuming you can or have access to a SmartMedia card there remain tons of great voice libraries here In the shop.

Best of luck re-acquainting yourself with your old friend. I’m sure it will be a pleasant and rewarding experience.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2019 @ 08:54 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

You may be able to find some of the PLG cards out in eBay land which could add some interesting synth options to the armoury.

An AN or VL card offer some quite unique tones, and of course the DX card offers the internals of a DX7 for your ears to access. We’ve all gone FM crazy since the Montage, after all :)

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ assign feedback delay knob as1
Next Topic:

looking forGet motifated vol 1 ››