mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "DAW Control Mode Seutp (Knob Names)"

Posted on: February 16, 2019 @ 07:51 AM
josephdouce
Total Posts:  19
Joined  02-14-2019

So I’m using Reaper but the MOXF is in Cubase mode on DAW control.

ALL the knobs and buttons are working as I just set up Raaper to use the Cubase commands.

I can set the “Names” upper knobs in the Remote Editor app.

However the Names for the SF1-6 Buttons and the Lower Knobs appear to require Cubase set them. Is there any other way except Downloading Cubase > Set them > Go back to Reaper. Are they set Via MIDI command if so I can just manually set them if I can figure out the Commands.

Edit… I can’t even use cubase as I need an E-Liscencer for the trial.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2019 @ 02:20 PM
josephdouce
Joined  02-14-2019

OK so I broke out the MIDI analysis and figured out a few things

The “Names” for SF1-6 are transmitted from Cubase constantly over sysex depending on what you have selected so cannot be set statically.

The lower knobs transmit relative cc values and the names cannot be set.

The upper knobs names can be set in the editor without Cubase and transmit absolute CC values in “CC” mode or relative value in “Remote” mode.

Basically SF1-6 and the Selections 1-6 always transmit the same commands the action changes are done by Cubase depending on on the last selection button you pressed, so having Cubase doesn’t actually add any further functionality.

Now I know the limitations I have managed to work around them and retained all the functionality in Reaper.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2019 @ 07:28 PM
josephdouce
Joined  02-14-2019

Another note, you can’t click the “Remote” button without Cubase, but you can edit the saved file and load it to bypass this limitation. I’m going to hrow together a quick editor Python to bypass these limitations, or maybe a web editor.

Also in “Remote” none of the CC changes or names apply they transmit relative CC’s 16-27. e.g clockwise = +1 anticlockwise = -1

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif classic to MOFX
Next Topic:

Help, automatically change voices at measure x ››