mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Some observations on “Parameter with Voice - On “"

Posted on: January 18, 2019 @ 07:22 PM
jochner
Total Posts:  29
Joined  12-19-2010

Hi,

Just discovered something bizarre and strange when transferring my Voice Arpeggio Parameters to the Performance…

Did everything as was described in PDFs , having spent hours reading Articles nothing worked out. The chosen Voice in Performance Mode did not want to receive Arpeggios after “ Voice with Parameters “ was activated.

After trial and error found out that in my situation:

“ Parameter with Voice -Arpeggios “ will be transferred ONLY WHEN

you found the right Voice from search menu CHANGE IT to another voice and get needed voice back again with “ Parameter with Voice “ switched ON.

Maybe its just a bug but i swear i wanted to throw my Motif through the window for a second))))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2019 @ 10:34 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Actually, you just need to have Parameter With Voice on BEFORE you choose the VOICE you would like to place in that PART.

Not sure which articles you have read, but the “official” one can be found Here, and from that article the lead-in line is:

Motif XS/XF: Parameter with Voice

If you want to bring a VOICE into a PATTERN or SONG MIXING setup (or into a PERFORMANCE) as it is setup in VOICE mode, remember to turn the PARAMETER WITH VOICE parameter ON first....”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2019 @ 08:23 AM
jochner
Joined  12-19-2010
cmayhle - 18 January 2019 10:34 PM

Actually, you just need to have Parameter With Voice on BEFORE you choose the VOICE you would like to place in that PART.

Not sure which articles you have read, but the “official” one can be found

All official articles .

As i stated earlier
I did everything Before and After nothing worked. Maybe its a bug in particular in my case.

First the Voice On parameter was chosen and then Voice itself and vise versa, nothing was changed until redial the Voice again.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2019 @ 10:50 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jochner - 19 January 2019 08:23 AM

[...] I did everything Before and After nothing worked. Maybe its a bug in particular in my case. [...]

On my own XS, if “Param with Voice” is turned on before selecting a Voice for a Part, the Arps and all other expected Parameters are correctly copied.

I’m not aware of any bugs that would cause the issue you’re describing. However, there were many bugs in early versions of the XS firmware, and perhaps that was one which was later corrected.

Which version of the OS is installed on your XS?
To check the OS version…
Press and release the [UTILITY] button to get into Utility mode.
Then press [UTILITY], [ ^ ](Cursor Up) and [F1] buttons at the same time.
Read the Firmware Version and let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2019 @ 01:04 PM
jochner
Joined  12-19-2010

The firmware is 1.60.1 is up to date. But i was buying it used.

Successfully re-installed it again and everything is back on track!!!!

Thanks for quick responds to all!

Ivan

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Full potential of Master/Song/Pattern modes
Next Topic:

What do you think? ››